Sign in to follow this  
kenshin_himura

COMEX 2006 IT fair

Just came back from there. Don't drive!! Waited 45 mins just to go into carpark. IMO, nothing special. In order not to leave COMEX empty handed, I got EP630 for SGD 38 :P

Total damage today: SGD 38 for EP630, 4.70 for parking, 1.40 for Coke

LOl the COMEX IT Fair i gonna be held in sg expo from 31aug to 3 sep.... anione going down to the fair ???

wonder if they sell audio products :))

Audio products were fairly well represented....I saw Klipsh speakers (only GMX 2.1), Sonic Gear, Altec Lansing, Divoom, Edifier and of course, Creative....plus all kinds of MP3 players. Audio Technica has a small corner featuring their headphones, but not their higher end ones <_<

Prices were not particularly cheap. I can get some of the products cheaper outside, Comex or no Comex. :)) No price reductions, but they usually throw in "freebies" like T Shirts / watches.

Good deals can be had if you want to buy memory cards like SD, CF, mini-SD etc. My friend bought some really cheap.

Edited by scanfiend

Even Sennheiser had a booth, I think in hall 4... Small one though, and a limited range. They had posters advertising for the HD600, 650 etc, but only had the lower end models...

I dropped by the Sennheiser showroom at about 2 years ago. I wanted to view the showroom, as well as to rectify the problem of my headphone.

As you, young chaps like us would never be entertained by their staff. It took me more than 5 minutes to get attention by their staffs who we were chatting away. Finally, one of the staff approached me with a "How can I help you?". I explained to him the problem i had with the unequal output between my left and right channel. Without saying a word, he walked away into the office. A minute later, he popped his head from the door and said "Wait! I will get a guy for you".

It took another 15 minutes before another guy showed. He kindly said that i need to leave the headphone in the headquaters overnight for some analysis with his equipment.

The staff in the showroom did not leave friendly impression from my encounter. About 2 months later, my friend went to check out the HQ as well, it turned out almost the same. I'm sure we were properly-dressed and polite people. I did not like their customer service. -_-

Edited due to grammatical error.

Edited by zonalblitz_audio

I went to Senn's booth today and asked for 650. But staff told me, they only sell non audiophile models. He quoted me the price for 650 tough, SGD 858 :o

^ Hey... There are young kids (like me) here... :P

As you, young chaps like us would never be entertained by their staff. It took me more than 5 minutes to get attention by their staffs who we were chatting away.

True enough. Most think that you would be a trouble maker there, trying to audition their headphones (with no intention of buying), and then spoiling something in the process...

Just came back and saw a fellow forumer there. We were both checking out the nikon booth and the audio technica booth at the same time. :P

Best deal for me was the 25pcs of blank dvds goin for 9bucks. I saw the latest dvd burners (18x!) going for 65 bucks with 25pcs of dvds free.

No, i bought some prestigio blank dvd-r that was goin for 10 bucks for 25 pcs. I thought that it was the lowest price i could find until i kept on walking abit more. *smack head*

Then again cheap DVD media will get corrupted after 1~2 years down the road. Normally it's good to do homework first on that particular disk.

I went to the Senn booth and the iRiver booth also.

I wanted to see if they have the 595 in red, they appear clueless when I enquire, also 1 of the staff

says there's no red colour. :D:D

iRiver staff confirms that they are not making HDD-based DAPs anymore.

One thing I have learnt is to take counter staff's words with a pinch of salt. Anyway, the 595 in red is really a limited edition model, so I don't really blame them, given that many, I suppose, are part-timers.

It is saddening that iRiver is exiting the HDD scene... :(

im not very particular on dvd's since i just back up for short term basis most of the time. After that i usually dont need them anymore.