Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Check out this post on headwize

http://headwize2.powerpill.org/ubb/showpag...d=1729&fdays=20

i would like to share a pretty sad experience with you all.. 1 month ago.... i went to Singapore's Sim Lim square to find an AKG K501. i wnet to shop called Hungs Brother, and picked up 1 after auditioning that headphone without checking it properly...and because it is my first high-end headphone and it cost only $210, i am so happy and rush home to try with my DIY amp. i did ask for a guarantee card but the guy in the shop said the card is included in the manual and i don't realize it, and make matter worse, i they didn't put the receive inside the carrier....HUH!! and i didn't realize it at all...

2 weeks ago, its right transducer not working while i m on my vacation in Malaysia. so, i send it to a high end audio shop there to fix... to my surprise... when the technician open it...

it cracked inside and the soldering is very bad and the guy from AsiaSound say it might be a fake 1..... oh my God....

then i have no choice but have to change both the transducer and it cost me RM350..sh*t...

hope you all will be careful....

fake AKG501s? really.. rolleyes.gif

Thought Austrian stuffs are generally very well designed and built, eg. Pro-Ject. wink.gif

If you can make'em you can fake'em headphone.gif

I have never been to Hung Bros. But I have seen a couple of dodgy dealers even in Adelphi w00t.gif

Who are they ? Good to list them so that we audiophiles would be more cautious when dealing with them. wink.gif

Dang! Bad luck.

Hmm from what i know, Hung Bros is not too bad. Just stay away from that moustache guy and everything will be fine. He tried to rip me off once.

whistling.gif

yes... stay away from moustache guy. I think ting also has good experience with hung bros. The other guys are alright.. just avoid that moust guy.

He tried to rip me off and I decided to be funny with him:

I think he remembered me for life already. The other time I went there he pulled a stern look on his face.

post edited wahaha for those who wants to know the story pm me lol.gif

Edited by Blues

hey guys, please remember to not post posts that're too "controversial" ok..this is after all a public forum. don't want any of you to be sued for slander wink.gif

regarding the fake AKG..

I highly doubt that hungbros sell fake phones.. or at least they were ignorant about it, I think.

The worst thing is that this guy didn't check when he bought his phone. When I bought phones from them(770 that is), I did check for the warranty card. I wasn't given, so the following week I came again and asked for it.

It's partly his fault

caveat emptor i always say..

hong bro...hm...last time i bought my Senn PX 40 from that moustache guy. He don;t really want to lower down the price, even a bit only. Luckily i got the warranty card and some discount in the end. But sometime they dun issue u a receipt leh..what the...

hmm...got two moustache guys, the old one or the younger one?

......I would say we should be more discreet with the words that we said(type).

moustache guys? Is it the tall old man?

I only talk to their boss, hehehe wink.gif He is quite nice.