Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Koss Ksc75 Impressions

Hey, there are a lot of mo's for ksc75 going on. And there should be a lot of new owners.

Wondering whats your impressions of the phones, basically, your thoughts.

For me, there're great, more treble based. They're not suited to be amped, unless the amps emphisize on bass.

However, i find their built quality appalling, on the way home, the ear clip broke off 3 times. :bash: But i felt that they looked nice. :grin:

To me, they are more suited to be driven with eq out of the mp3 player. But for that amount of money, they :party:

just my 2 cents, guys, fill up this thread will ya? :thumbup:

It's rather sad that I have never tried the KSC75s before, despite people hailing them as THE budget headphone/earphone/clip-on.

Sigh.

I spent $49 on them before, found them worth it.

Its quite a lot of sound for a relatively low price.

IMO, bass maybe a bit loose (unfair, comparing to E4), but quite well extended (rolls off a bit early). A bit of bass emphasis, EDIT:but and has a bit of a splashy treble that can still be lived with. Midrange isn't to die for, but is very well acceptable.

Details aren't exxagerated, a bit masked one can say, but is fine (liveable with, considering the price), the ER4P is faster to my ears and the E4 is a little faster than it, but its by no means a slow phone. I think semi-fast counts.

By any means, in terms of budget, it easily dethrones the EP630 and LMX-E630 IMO, but then again, I don't think its a fair comparison.

Thought I didn't need them so I sold them, but in the end buying back again but this time for a cheaper price.

Function + modding time >=D

Soon-to-be KSC75 ver Zeph:

KSC75 + Tamiya gloss black paint + Kramer modding + PX200 Pads

Edited by Zephyron

For the $42 i paid (at Hung Bros in January), the sound was impressive. The main issue I had with it was getting it to stay on during exercise. The clips can be bent for adjustment purposes but I found that they came loose too easily. They are great phones but I was just a tad disappointed that I couldn't use them for the intended purposes given they were branded as "sport clips".

i felt it was nice but the ear clip was like very funny, i broke it 2 time jus when i got it yesterday...

overall it was ok... i like it...

worth spending :P

well... it is great for it price and ratio performance. but do not expect it to be in the same range as MS1 or sr60. those have more details and more sound stage over KSC75. but of cause at a much more expensive price...

Guest joi-ful

A very good can for the price. Very impressed with the sound but mids are a bit recessed.

Thing is, it's definitely overrated, especially at Head-fi.

I haven't tried the Kramer mod though, I believe it'll improve but I don't think it has the potential to scale up to a Grado,

Edited by joi-ful

A very good can for the price. Very impressed with the sound but mids are a bit recessed.

Thing is, it's definitely overrated, especially at Head-fi.

I haven't tried the Kramer mod though, I believe it'll improve but I don't think it has the potential to scale up to a Grado,

thats the problem with head-fi and over here too, to a lesser extent. it's just imperfect information taking on a new guise. from my experience, for instance, the ER4 does indeed has less bass quantity, but it certainly isn't as bass shy as they tend to be thought of. i was extremely surprised when i had the chance to listen to it at Jaben. but still, i enjoy reading all these reviews and impressions.

Guest joi-ful

So anyone here tried the Kramer mod? How's it? Does it scale up a lot with the mod?

I tried plying open the casing and ALMOST whack the screwdriver into the driver while doing so. Phew! Luckily the driver is intact. (thanks to my quick reaction =P) Unless the mod really improves the SQ by alot, I'm keeping mine in stock condition. I wish the mids can be less veiled...

I believe a increase in highs will occur after the mod. In your case, since you like the grados sound, i guess you might want to try out the mod. I've not done it yet, this is just wad i heard.

Guest joi-ful

^ That's what I read at Head-fi too. But sometimes they can get too carried up and exaggerate matters. Looking for opinions from folks who've tried the mod here.

The simplest mod is to cut a 20cent or 50cent hole in the pads... anyone here done that?

The simplest mod is to cut a 20cent or 50cent hole in the pads... anyone here done that?

I done it on both my PX100, Sporta Pro and KSC75. For KSC75, its too bright after the mod, so I snap on the SportaPro headband instead of the clips. Sounds better on the headband to me. Stronger bass but its treble don't get overwhelm, the mod probably helps.

i've done the kramer mod, it does improve clarity quite a fair bit.

of course it doesn't scale up to a grado, but nevertheless, i've always enjoyed koss' performance, and i'm enjoying the sound much more now.

"more/larger holes in center tend to increase treble, more towards the perimeter increases bass."

i basically made 8 holes around the mid ring, and enlarged the central hole, (all as large as i could go and still maintain the structural integrity)

did A/B comparison before n after with a ksc55, the mids sound much better, slightly better highs.

(thinking of getting another piece when there's another MO so i can do a proper comparison tho) (and maybe another mod to replace the grille with meshing instead)

ymmv however. i've always liked bright sounding cans.

zeph, px200 pads, how much and get from where aye? hope you don't mind if i steal your idea - tamiya black gloss paint, sounds yummy haha.

:holiday: haha, just thought what if everyone who bought one recently changed their avatars like kehyi. lol. :holiday:

Edited by paingod84