Sign in to follow this  
Shiro MS08th

Power cords and interconnects

Hi Mackie, thanks for the diagram, Have always been looking for one just like this.

Hi zer061zer0, so what have you discovered with RCA trick on the digital coaxial?

Hi Mackie, thanks for the diagram, Have always been looking for one just like this.

Hi zer061zer0, so what have you discovered with RCA trick on the digital coaxial?

Not really sure yet, spend only abt 5 mins with it, anyway i have shot 2 pieces of it one for the rm hp setup and one for the living rm one. Think the living rm setup did have a small diff, but not really detectable, think slightly smoother on the top end. . .

Will let u know again..

Here's a tip, play female vocals and listen. It's quite obvious. However, not all cdps will benefit from it, or should I say, the difference is harder to discern, if any at all.

yup its female vocals... umi yoshida..my fav track

I know i have OT abit but Mackie do u know anything about pro audio full range single driver

I think the mid-high and the high-low are quite obvious. I quickly pop back in after i took it off for a single track.

yup its female vocals... umi yoshida..my fav track

I know i have OT abit but Mackie do u know anything about pro audio full range single driver

I never dig parts just the product as a whole. I'm into some pro audio monitors, especially Dynaudio Acoustics as I'm using a pair. Btw, it's not nice to talk about it here. PM me if you wish, or enter chat.

Edited by Mackie

yup i tried it and it works.

did and a-b with my gf.. she notice it too..

zer061zer0, did u try it on the CD63?

yup and also on my teac cdp but didnt spend much time on the teac.

why..?

i see. Just checking if the effect is noticeable on the CD63. The last time i tried the tweak i wasn't able to hear much of a difference, but then I wasn't using female vocals.

i did the same thing too the last time using a cd by rod steward, the great american songbook but it wasn't distinctive. Tired some umi and stacey kent and the diff is much more apparent.

I cannot pin point the difference exactly but the music seems to be much more "stable"

We are going off track but let me put it simply as such, just my humble opinion. Female vocals seem to sound rounder and moved to the fore, thus, contributing to a more emotional and realistic voice. Although less noticeable, cymbals and triangles will sound more crisp and more decay in ambience.

Edited by Mackie

Hi mackie,

You have summed it up superbly. That is what i heard but could not put it in musical terms. thanks

We are going off track but let me put it simply as such, just my humble opinion. Female vocals seem to sound rounder and moved to the fore, thus, contributing to a more emotional and realistic voice. Although less noticeable, cymbals and triangles will sound more crisp and more decay in ambience.

Not sure if anyone of u own a pair of speakers...

get a pair of super tweeter from tai cheong, couple with this tweak. . :thumbup:

Robert from LHS recommended me 89207 & 259 to try, so took both

They're all wrapped up in black dressing, so can't tell from each other, but the non-directional thinner one really fit's into my sytem - 880/HA-1A.

I've tried half a doz others, but this one though not the most transparent, sounds really well balanced and spacious.

I've heard the Klotz GY107 on a similar setup but different source. Compared to the Belden above, it was thick & prodding. Maybe the source though.

I'll go down to LHS & get some 89364 PCs, by the way, is the 1694A the best cable they have for digital 1/c?