Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

M-audio opamps replacement

*calms self down*

*tells self: its ok..its ok. AT MOST you just have to play music from the rear channels of your card now. some people prefer the rear output ANYWAY*

Good luck! Fingers & toes crossed...

honestly, I'm surprised its working. old opamp destroyed whilst trying to desolder it (how the fish do I use solder wick on such a tiny scale mad.gif) and the pcb underneath the chip's quite marred, maybe the photo doesn't show only. trust me it ain't pretty blush.gif

anyway, thanks for the encouragement guys smile.gif

oh evil-zen: about the A-B, if you look at the first pic, there're THREE 5532s to be replaced with 8620s. I've only done ONE rolleyes.gif

ooops. i thought you are done with it already. anyway you are 1/3 there already.

the front channel needs 3 opamps or is it for 3 different channels?

zen: see there's 1 filter opamp (which I replaced) and 2 buffer opamps (according to the pic. yet to be done)

mat: why? if you're referring to me scorching the pcb, its not the iron's heat, its my panic.gif shaking hands

haha we're all super proud of you ablaze!

all of you remember to stay tuned for my dt880 cable replacement chronicles k? happy.gif

trust me, it's just as exciting as ablaze's experience. in fact, considering the costs of parts involved, you could say it's more exciting. tongue.gif

mat: why? if you're referring to me scorching the pcb, its not the iron's heat, its my panic.gif shaking hands

Oh ok! Still how many watts are you using? rolleyes.gif