Sign in to follow this  
rkivie

Urgent: Where to buy dress shoes?

any recommendations on where to get leather shoes from? i need to get a pair for my bro's wedding. thanks in advance.

P/S: please keep prices below $150.

Dress shoes? Department store's Mens dept sure have. Taka have quite a range, you can try them. Or you can try Hush Puppies or Beatle Bug? Bata? If really want to save $$$, go emart and buy SAF no3 shoes! :D

Edited by afbug

nah no emart, besides, i'm cleaned out on emart credits since ORD and i've still on the reserve list heh.

i was at Taka two days ago. alot of those newer, nicer shoes, like the hush puppies one for instance, are designed to be "sleeker", hence they appear longer than usual. but the problem is, i'm a short guy and i look clownish in those. dang.

Hush Puppies and Rockport are good and should fit within your budget. You might have to look a little hard for something to suit you though... Most dress shoes nowadays are "sleeker" as you described.

i get my shoes from robinsons. good range of men's shoes, should be able to get something nice for under $150.

thanks guys. i settled for something at Pedro. it was an interesting shopping experience, by the way. the sales staff there was super attentive, which was a stark contrast to the rather snobbish attitude i encountered elsewhere (shoes section of a major departmental store) just before i went over the citilink mall.

Try John Little near Somerset mrt station. Also scour around Peninsular Shopping Center for cheaper options.