Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Beyer 770/880/990 compared

Haven't updated my profile for sometime. Some I have/still own some were loned to me by the Beyer distributors in Singpoare. Some were left in my home for months by fellow SG headphone Members (HD-600), some for a few days AT-W1000 and Sony 3000), Some for a few weeks (HD-660 with Cardas cable).

I don't know why but people seem to leave me things to listen to (hey, I'm not complaining you know).

Recently I had a Micro Zotl for about 10 days as well (nice amp).

Sorry I had the names of the members, but maybe it ain't such a good idea to broadcast who has what of the member formerly known as Guyferd may decide to pull a heist LOL

naughty.gif

lol.gif

rameish.......... ... .. . . . .. .. .

You know me very well naughty.gifnaughty.gifnaughty.gif

Oh... which reminds me, Rameish, how about a proper review of the Zotl with different cans.

speaking of the zotl, how much does it cost?

US$750 new, direct sales only from David Berning microZOTL

hrmm thanks for the heads up N@Z.

sigh, why are all tubed equipment SO expensive.. guess i have no choice but to continue saving for that SS amp.. whistling.gif

adhoc: LOL berning is a darn good amp.. hence the cost... go and save for it lah lol.gif

Antique SoundLab - look under headphone listening devices. The MG Head OTL partenered with the HD600 sounds great add an upgrade cable & some tuberolling magical! The DT880 should fare well given it drives the HD600 with plenty of reserve on tap.

hrmm i'll wait till the next meet to decide once and for all whether i prefer the tube or SS sound.

till then.. still saving! yes.gif

Adhoc,

don't get caught up with topology - if it sounds good, it is good. There are many tube amps that sound bad as well. And there are thouse that sound good. Likewise for SS. Use your ears to find the truth and not what you read.

Reading is - at best - knowing. Listening is experiencing. So I can describe to you the texture of a leaf, it's thickness etc. But until you touch it for yourself, you'll never experience the texture of the leaf.

unsure.gif

thanks for the advice rameish.

Reading is good - but it only helps you to make a short list. Buying based on that is a no no (unless you have no choice). So attend SG Heaphone Meets - listen. Scratch a few off the list. Then beg the owners of the amps you like to allow you the privelige to go down to their homes to give them another listen. Then, and only then, make a purchase decision.

You guys don't know how lucky you are to be able to have that privilige. sleep.gif