chaych

where to buy portable amp 2?

that'd be nice...actually if i can borrow one set each to test out would be great...

if first week of dec okay for me to loan yours to try out? =P

From what people have mentioned of the PA2v2 compared to LDM+, at first the LDM+ would appear to have lean bass but it's actually the PA2v2 having boosted bass. So if you want a more neutral response, the LDM+. For more bass, the PA2v2. YMMV

From what people have mentioned of the PA2v2 compared to LDM+, at first the LDM+ would appear to have lean bass but it's actually the PA2v2 having boosted bass. So if you want a more neutral response, the LDM+. For more bass, the PA2v2. YMMV

I totally agree with Pegasus21, as I felt the same.

I cannot recommend as I also rather newbie, I will just give my own experience:

My pref is to use PA2V2 with a cardas HP-I Interconnect (as it is a clear, fast, not so coloured IMO) with one of my DAPs on the go... as I prefer the more friendly volume knob and it's relatively higher volume response, along with the more forgiving boosted bass good for mp3 pop or rock tracks, making them more musical sounding, even though PA2V2 is slightly bigger than the LDM+. I do found some parts of a few songs that did not go too smoothly with the boosted bass of PA2V2.

I like to use LDM+ especially for vocal or classical tracks as the not so enhanced bass gives it a more neutral and accurate sounding. For the LDM+ I prefer using my Mumba-D Interconnect or Ultimate Link Black Emperor (mine's the earlier version with black cable and yellow label, not the silver chain-link one). These 2 interconnects brighten up the sound and enhance the musicality of the LDM+, albeit that they cost > LDM+ itself. When turning the volume knob on The LDM+, it's not so friendly for grip (trying to do some diy to inprove on this) and there's some static noise when turning volume whilst playing a track.

In short, LDM+ more accurate sounding, lean on bass, better for vocals, classical, string instrumentals and slightly smaller. PA2V2 more enhanced bass, more allowance for higher volume, better volume pot. But do try different IC to find your own preferred sounds. I do not use IEM so I shall not comment.

Good that both can drive my 250ohms Beyers DT990 too, that it gets to go out with me too, sometimes.

Generally, I prefer the sound from LDM+ through my mumba-D best now, good for most music types. If not for the lower max volume when I use my DT990, and the not so good volume pot.

Do go try them out yourself and let your ears decide. Yes, Look out for them in classified.

Cheers. :party:

Edited by Tristram

Best to contact gary at electric-avenues.com, his pa2v2 site. He is a nice friendly chap to deal with so you can direct questions to him and he will gladly reply promptly. He even entertain request for change of parts or even upgrade. His service is second to none!

I'm afraid other than waiting in classifieds, you'll have to get direct from his webby. Be careful ebay has other sellers selling pa2 more expensively so make sure it is Gary.

All the amps come with a serial number on the site, so it is very easy to trace an amps' owner thru his pa2 site. :grin:

Actually, they're all sold by Gary himself.

Unless they say it's used, they're all legit from him.

Here's a cheap lot that's USED.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PA2V2-with-Zu-Pivot-Min...1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks guys for the heads up...i've decided to contact gary for the purchase of the PA2V2..hope it'd be a good buy...

cheers

thanks guys for the heads up...i've decided to contact gary for the purchase of the PA2V2..hope it'd be a good buy...

cheers

Don't worry, it'll be a good buy, untill ungraditis hits you again, then you'll start looking for all sorts of excuses as to why this was a bad buy...

I'm using the PA2V2 with UM1s and I think the gain on the amp is quite high, there's some hiss that can be heard, other than that, it adds more body to the sound when unamped

The hiss maybe most probably cause by the stock IC, change to a better IC like the Cardas HPI or any other, should solve it.

Unless it is sibilance.

what's IC? haha..noob here

You can check out this post on prices of IC at SE.

(you can test them out there also to find out which one you like before buying)

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5517

Pictures of IC sold in SE.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5906

You can also get IC from j@b3n(Can i spell it the normal way here?)

Or DIY(Ask the people at LHS to make one of your choices)

Edited by dle4e_2005