Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Gilmore lite GAIN setting

Mat,

No there are several on their website - go take a look. http://www.elpac.com/

However, I don't think elpac will sell directly.

Antness,

So what volume pot does come with the lite? the panasonc pot or the bourns?

antness,

no, you did not say that to me. all I know is what I know from your website.

Alright then, so the volume pot isn't in the circuitry. I assumed that the lite having the same 'components' meant that it had the same volume pot. Its to my layman understanding that a pot is a component, no?

ANYWAY, if there's anything else in the amp, other than the enclosure obviously, that you can think of, that will be different from the V2, eg. different RCA jacks, different headphone jack, etc. Please do keep us updated.

Maybe a compromise for me 'Middle Gain', if there is such a thing.

Antness,

In order not to create any further misundertanding could you tell us the parts/components.

For instance:

1) Cardas RCAs?

2) Volume pot - ??

3) Neutrik non-locking circuit mount headphone jack?

4) Vishay-Dale resistors.

etc.

Mat,

No there are several on their website - go take a look. http://www.elpac.com/

However, I don't think elpac will sell directly.

Rameish,

Yes you are right! Elpac does not sell directly from their website.

Purchase inquiries will be directed to their distributors in the US. Also I can't seem to find the 230v alternatives for the model no. WM071-1950-D5 no.gif

Try this Mat:

http://www.elpac.com/products/forms/search/index.cfm

Look at the AC input side as not all can be used for 240 volys AC. If you wish to narrow your search further try head-fi as I am unfamilar with these. All the one in the search para are for 24 volts DC output. But you'll have to click them one by one to check if they are regulated.

Armed with 2 ot three model numbers you then need to go to one of Elpac's dealer's in the US and order one.

Edited by Rameish

I think maybe, medical application for non interferring (RF or what not), so not to affect the other sensitive equipment in hospitals. Should be good for Hi-Fi but expensive.

Ya I think we're OT a bit as the original post is abt gain setting but the question of power supply is linked (physically as well) to the amp.

Fellow mods I think this is allowable yes?

sure. a elpac ps is included, and is 'allowable' in this discussion if you ask me.

BUT you seem to be talking about a meta42 power supply here (24VDC linear regulated?)

the Elpac that comes with the lite is some dual output +-15V DC power supply. or did I read the thread too quickly? happy.gif

Ah you're right. I was looking at the 24v DC. Silly me. Okay just use the serch funtion at Elpac guys and see what it comes up with okay? Otherwise just get the 120 volt version that antness supplies and use a step-down transformer.