Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Any cans lovers in ya school or working place?

yeah..

nevermind,... don't talk about people...

everyone has got their own hobby. It's just so happens that our hobby is in audio/headphone system thus we know more about it. Well long time ago I used to be like that too...

there is no need to talk about head amp and all these to your friend. They will just give you a look and say, who cares... so what if you have 1k headphone? good for u lah..

that';s probably what they're gonna say

Just keep quiet about your 'exotic' hobby and at the same time do recommend, only if they ask you for it. Otherwise they will say u r the mr knowall wink.gif

It's not easy to convince 'head-banger' to listen to refined cans.

ya...agree with that...that's why now i don't bother about them. Whenever i login to SGH, they will say...huh??sgheadphones again ah?i think u really siao liao...fancy about headphones until wanna gone crazy already. who cares?i just reply them with a smile happy.gif

just notice got a guy owning s stylish headphones that looks like eggo..but i doubt it...coz the design is quite similar...just that the shinny round things outside the earcup is just at near bottom of his ear-cup,unlike eggo,it's slighty on the upper part of eggo's ear-cup...hm...wondering which brand and which model r him using...but he's using for gaming...oh...what a waste...if it's really an eggo...wow...i will felt really jealous about it. damn nice man...make me feel like going to upgrade my headphones tongue.gif

wait till you see someone with w2002 on..

makes you drool tongue.giftongue.gif

Wait till you see me with my YELLOW ear padded RS-1s!!! Damn cool dude! wacko.gif

I thought I am the crazy one to buy HD600 to play counter strike.

Found that most people just want music in their ear, that's it. As times goes by, we will slowly convert them to audiophiles like us... sleep.gif

hard....if they r just pure music lovers...u cant change them easil into audiophile like us...

like before...i dun consider me as pure music lovers...when i was still a child..i was exposed to many kind of music...coz my dad like music very much and get himself an audio system by that time while i'm still in my mum's tummy tongue.gif

then evryday exposed to music...LPs...cassette and radio...when i grow up and listen to music using my very own ears...then i was thinking that....when i grew up..i need to get myself something for myself in audio...at first i was thinking of a set of speakers and amp. therefore, whenever i got any chance to read about articles on speakers and audio devices..i would read it over and over again and cut them off and keep it safe for future reference...but i dun really learn much about audio from there..coz they merely review those hi-end products...but never teach u something that u can pick up as a skill.

until one day i bought my PX 40, i was thinking at least i got my first step in audiophile now..from now on, whenever i have time, i must expose myself as much as possible...finally i got my upgrade, HD 202...now when knowing more here, i was thinking of upgrading my phones again, buy a headamp and good source...many many htings to do...so happy that i was here...thanks again Blues!! cheers..u did help me a lot by leading me here.

btw, a bit OT here... yup..nowadays...ppl only use headphones for music...they r not so into audiophile like us...maybe u can influnce them to join us...but it's still their choice, in the end.

hm...seems like ppl around us is not really all audiphile...mostly music lovers...but would be happy eventhough they r just music lovers, as long as i can spot more headphones around me i would feel happier smile.gif the environment become so nice and so conducive for music listening. but hope next time, when i got chance to chat with them..i hope their answer would be...yes...i'mm an audiophile...but please...dun lie just because i tell them i am an audiophile...

ppl...where r u?where has all the audiaphile gone?are just separated in different parts in singapore...really hope that we can be in the same place...easier to meet...easier to interact...easier to chat smile.gif

oh yeah...another fren is having a philips headphone...but too bad...he's also not interested in audiophile....just a music lover as well...sigh...why not just lend me their cans and let me listen to them?sold it to me rather than leaving them on the dusty table...they did do that when they dun use it too often....what a waste....

The better the economy the more people will spend on high end stuffs. This is how most people enjoy their money. Of course Sony will have better marketing tools that "prevent" people from realizing the truth of how real music works...

Their street style are outraging expensive, uncomfortable and doesn't sounds good than Sennheiser... yucky.gif

blush.gif Just my bias opinion...

not all sennheiser sound good also what...

I can name you a few you want that sound sucky... but better not tongue.gif

N@z.. yellow rs-1.. what a lovely combination w00t.giflol.giflol.gif

likewise.. the sony streetstyle are never meant for audiophiles or serious listener.

they're marketed towards trendy , young hippy consumers who want to look good and have the sound. If sony ever want, they can create very good sounding phones like r10, cd3000,cd1700 cd2000, F1 but that's for different market

and jason, I used my creek obh-11se and 770pro out of my laptop last time. so you're not the only crazy one lol.giflol.gif

Edited by Blues

hmm...OOT(over off topic) already as the thread growing, sorry MODs,ok i back to subject proper.

Any cans lovers in ya school or working place?

2 to 3 hp users but they are not serious music lovers, most likely is used it to block noise. As my workplace is rather noisy, alot of time i need to put on the hp to block the noise. Of course, it serves two purpose for me as i block the noisy as well as enjoy the music.

I'm the only X-file in the company (as to my knowledge).....deep into audio and video stuffs.

my frens agree with fish's theory. What we like doen't mean ppl like as well. When we spend lot of money in headfi, they probably will say we are insane, coz they are using headphones as a tool for music listening, not like us...not only for music only..but also how our headphones can satisfy with sound that is as close as to the original and bring out the best of the music through our cans. Maybe say like this is still not enough or well define the meaning of headfiers or audiophiles like us...but as my friends always say, "Do you think i care?"..yup...i don;t care those non-headfiers can understand or not...as long as i can understand...but i just duno how to define it appropriately...hm...

cans lovers...can consider only me in Ngee Ann...at least until now smile.gif