Sign in to follow this  
erickoh

Any serious mp3 listeners?

hehehe.... no lah

I think I will just have 2 loh.. 1 is dedicated cdp and the other is laptop..

the laptop is of lower quality lah but I don't care because it's just sooo much more convenient,.

Imagine having all my fav mp3s lined up at my winamp playlist, as opposed to having switch cds one by one rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

That's why I still prefer mp3. I would love to see them kick the low-mid end cdp's ass smoke.gif

Blues Guy, do not confuse hardware and software please. I seems you are comparing sound of mp3 (lossless whatever) with PCDP's and high end CDP's and not the CD recording itself. wacko.gif Edited by matbon0013

What is the recommended hardware for laptops/notebooks?

M-Audio Sonica!

Ok, I havent used it before, but there are only a few other USB solutions..

but the Sonica is most reputable and not too expensive.

I told you before N@Z. there's the Echo Indigo which is pretty low cost. then're there're other USB solutions like the M-audio Sonica/Sonica theatre, or the Audiophile USB. there's a new Firewire 410 too, if you want to fork out the cash smile.gif

Nothing that can be built in, preinstalled within the laptop itself? I' don't want to lug more gear than I already have to! Maybe something that has at the very least a dedicated line out rather than a combined headphone/line-out.

Blues Guy, do not confuse hardware and software please. I seems you are comparing sound of mp3 (lossless whatever) with PCDP's and high end CDP's and not the CD recording itself. wacko.gif

no..

I compared the mp3 of the same track(ripped at only 192 kbps.. some are 128) out of my lappy and the cdp/pcdp. CDP has noticeably better resolution but that's amplified by ha-1. whereas the lappy is headphone out. also I cant tell the diff bet soundcard and my slimx(pcdp to play cd and lappy play mp3 of the same song, same artist)

That's how I compare. afterall the mp3s are ripped from the artist's cds..

You said it better this time, thanks!

So is the ripped CD (mp3 through your laptop) sounds better or less than the original CD using your slimX? etys.gif

LOl, offer blues to buy his CD6000OSE liao later kena reject.

I tried to use the CD7300 to play MP3, sounds good. Problem is need some time to read the cd....

Oops, OT post kena delete. Keep it in topic... biggrin.gif

Edited by jasonhanjk

about 920 mp3s and counting taking up 9gb.

most ripped from my own cds at lame 3.93.1 at alt-preset extreme and all normalised with mp3gain. woohoo!

actually also have about 14.1 gbs worth of flac files lying around..

Edited by adhoc