Sign in to follow this  
iewgnail

Millett Hybrid Maxed

Anyone else interested in building one?

Want to build one to replace the icute amp i have.

I'm thinking of getting the board and start building one.

Anyone interested? Can combine shipping.

i think last time kippei was thinking of building one but he cannot find the tubes in singapore. do you have a source for the tubes?

How does this amp compare to the SOHA? I had the SOHA running and it sounded quite close to a PPA with diamond buffers. Disgusted me to no end, as my PPA cost me lots of cash. :(

i have no idea.

but from the online reviews, it seem to be real good.

musicality and warmth of tubes.. hmm..

still deciding over the maxxed or a new hp. =x

hmm.... I'm interested, especially since my order for the soha pcb from assemblycraft screwed up... :bash:

What happened? Ordering from glassaudio actually not bad but probably more ex.

If I am not wrong, the guy behind assemblycraft is same person who was digi01 in this forum. (http://headwize.com/ubb/regproc.php?action...subjname=digi01) You can find lots of interesting info about digi01 just searching on sgheadphones alone. :shocking:

So, maybe I am not surprised.

Edited by heady

dunno man, i ordered last month and til now it didnt come, sent him a couple of mails but no response. So i raised a complaint via paypal than he responded saying he already shipped out the item but the good thing is that he refunded the money at the same time too. But seriously, more than half a month to ship an item via air from China is a bit too long right?

Edited by mouz

yes nobody should buy anything from digi01. Beware of this fellow, even if some of his pcbs are quite decent, he cannot be trusted.

However, I've bought kits and other products from China, and they are fantastic. My twinkle diy amp is actually holding up very well to the beta22, and I still can't figure which one I prefer!

iewgnail: I'm still running in my b22, and never heard the millet hybrid. However, I would say that the b22 also has a very nice musicality and warmth, not the tube type, but the MOSFET type. Loving that mosfet smell... :lust:

price wise they are very different though, and the b22 is harder to build. I faced many problems....thankfully sorted....

i think i'm not at the level yet to build the b22. and the financial areas too. haha.

the maxxed seems to be a great choice in terms of price and performance.

mouz..

pm me, and lets work something out.

i might be getting a kit.. need some motivation and encouragement.. haha

Actually when the Millet Max came out, I actually pm the person doing the group buy twice but he never replied to me. Now I am glad I didn't buy it or it will be waiting in the cupboard with the other pending projects.

Be happy to help audition it when you guys get it running... :P

This might be a little off topic...

Hey heady, it seems like you have a Ck2III too.

How would you comment on it? :)

This might be a little off topic...

Hey heady, it seems like you have a Ck2III too.

How would you comment on it? :)

OT -

I have two CK2III in my drawer waiting for me to find time to build them. :blush: shy only, not like you all, so much time to built stuff. I have also one amp6, one amp5, four mini3, one passive pre-amp all waiting to be built, not forgetting one AlienDAC and a SOHA waiting to be cased. :no::no:

Right now I am working on two PINT pcbs I bought off someone, he had trouble with them and I re-built the PINTs. Now doing the wiring and casing.

Maybe I should take leave to built all my projects. :P

Edited by heady