Sign in to follow this  
iewgnail

Millett Hybrid Maxed

Wow, you actually have 2 Ck2III? Seems like I made the correct decision on it :D

Or are you going balanced with 2 board?

You sound almost like a pro builder to me, with your inventory...hahaha!

OT -

I have two CK2III in my drawer waiting for me to find time to build them. :blush: shy only, not like you all, so much time to built stuff. I have also one amp6, one amp5, four mini3, one passive pre-amp all waiting to be built, not forgetting one AlienDAC and a SOHA waiting to be cased. :no::no:

Right now I am working on two PINT pcbs I bought off someone, he had trouble with them and I re-built the PINTs. Now doing the wiring and casing.

Maybe I should take leave to built all my projects. :P

hmm..

you have any idea how would a ck2III fare against a hybrid max. in terms of circuitry wise?

it seems the cost of the ck2III is so much lower than the maxxed

Wow, you actually have 2 Ck2III? Seems like I made the correct decision on it :D

Or are you going balanced with 2 board?

You sound almost like a pro builder to me, with your inventory...hahaha!

Some are for friends. I like solder fumes......

hmm..

you have any idea how would a ck2III fare against a hybrid max. in terms of circuitry wise?

it seems the cost of the ck2III is so much lower than the maxxed

I am not sure but I think the difference will be at the level of subjectivity, ie. taste, and equipment match. Last night I just finished my PINT repair with the AD8397 and LM6172. When I listened to it with Beyer SX10 (over the ear with neckband), I thought ouch, I really don't like this sound, so shrill and metallic. When I switched to Mylar3, it became smooth and yet detailed. I think it will be a bit like this with the Millet and CK2III. Of course, this is just conjecture until someone builts a Millet Max and then we compare.

I managed to partly build the SOHA, in my preference I will still think SOHA is more value and performance wise is almost the same as millet

agree with loop, I have tried his Twinkle amp, very nice piece of amp. thumbs up man..

strongly recommend this amp

Guest Ph33lix

Hope you guys don't mind a slight off-topic question.

With regards to the pmillet designs, who has tried his Starving Student Hybrid?

I have difficulty sourcing for the 19J6 tube that the design calls for and wonder who has managed to find one within singapore and for how much per tube (hope not to excede the estimated retail price of USD$5 per tube).

Thanks.

I think someone managed to find a pair but he paid alot more than what its worth though (needed to import from overseas). I was thinking of building this too but gave up on the idea til I happen to come across a good deal on it.

Guest Ph33lix

Aw man... oh well, found an alternate circuit that uses a single 5670w dual triode with slight variations of the SS hybrid.

If that's the case, I might as well go one more step and alter the circuit a bit more for use with the ever-common 12AX7A or the like.

Thanks for the info anyway, mouz.