Sign in to follow this  
WatCult

mychew & his next Quest for DT990 in sgHeadphones

lol...no lah...still learning from mackie and u guys la tongue.gif

this is just my personal feel about it lah hehe...but i feel tat for some pieces that involve more instruments...it sounds messy to me....hm....IMO smile.gif

how does the ha-1 and my marantz cdp combo sound mate? w00t.gif

Blues...i like your setup...but my cans is bright. so i generally wont go for the setup...if i buy it now..would try to upgrade my cans...but too bad...i havent tried your dt880 on your setup man..i think would sounds nice to me...anyway...at least i feel that my cans is not a match to your setup...coz u know..my cans is a bit bright tongue.gif and boomy i can say...i duno whether u find it boomy or not...or it suits your music taste but only a bit bright to u?

it's a waste to use my cans for your setup wink.gif Maybe a warmer cans would make me love your setup...But i like the speed of it...for diana krall CD...i find it quite enjoyable and fast enough...blown away by that wink.gif

but for 120 ohm and 0 ohm mini out....i prefer 0 ohm more.hehe..this is the things i'm different to u...although it sounds warmer in 120 ohm jack...but i would prefer the 0 ohm more...for the CD i brought to your house today...but to me..marantz cdp tend to be warmer or more controlled if they are amped...

i find out that if i wanna listen to the fast rythm pieces...i would like your setup more wink.gif just a bit bright to me...anyway...it's all based on my listening taste Blues...what i like doesnt mean that u also like it rite?btw....i did tried a CD with your ha-1 and marantz combo...i find out that the bass is not tight enough for me...a bit loose...and again...that means to me only..as i'm comparing it with the setup i tried at huangyong's fren's house...he is using parasound cdp with both the creek and x-can v1....the cable used i dun really know...

actually i only listen to your setup only so i cannot make any comparison...but for me....it's quite nice already...the only weakpoint is my cans...cannot get out the best from your setup...for the vocal...i prefer warmer...smoother vocal...and slow sound...i like that kind of sound...so if u ask a person who prefer slow and warm sound to judge a system...i would say it's bright...if i would have to comment with an open mind...it's bright to me....but i can enjoy it very much with certain type of music...as i can say..your setup would match your listening taste more compare to mine....but...i like your amp... biggrin.gif more than a creek...

u should know y..i think u know...or maybe u can guess it... tongue.gif

and dun punch me...tongue.gif i just saying out what i think based on my personal view mate...

lol.giflol.gif great

I actually prefer the 0 ohm for your cans. Just that it's quite bright... but it's inherent quality of the cans, nothing can be changed much. For 55, it's not a bad can. Bass has enough boom to it. Good for gamers.

Bass not tight I suppose it's because of my interconnect. Try coming to my house sometime next month again or something. hee hee maybe by then I will have a new toy to play with again.. I don't know biggrin.gif

my system bright? hm.. not sure.. but I don't find it so. Corda is neutral, marantz is a tad on the warm side, dt880 is tilted a little towards the bright side(but still close to neutral) . So it balances things out in my setup/cans. I don't know about your can . It's very hard to get the right sound. If most of the time u're hearing bright it's very annoying lol.. I knew that because last time I used to hear bright all the time sleep.gif .

Not now though w00t.giflol.giflol.gif

Hey! Improvements all around for mychew......... Exceptional man.........Talk about a fast learner......... I tip my hat dude! yes.gif

Maybe mychew can impart some knowledge to me happy.gif

Noob headphone orientation series - 101 ways to learn about headphones fast by mychew book.gif

Mychew, if you want an amp that is more laid back and slower in pace, my G&W can do the job. But whether it actually matches your cans....verdict is still out till you have listened to it. I have changed its driver tube to a NOS from western europe....giving better speed and soundstage definition. Now, i am visiting Rameish to do the final upgrading.....and then you could try it out post transformation. wink.gif

Who cares about mychews budget he has all you guys with great stuff. laugh.gifhaha.gif

I think I will have to go to a meet to hear it all. I may turn into mychew tongue.gif

Blues...it's most probably my cans that make me feel that ur setup is bright tongue.gif

coz my weakest link now is my cans...that's why it's all based on my listening taste and my cans tongue.gif when i said your setup bright..hehe...i demand more laidback sound from your setup...

yeah..Mackie and Northen Oak did tell me that they are not supposed to sound bright, but warm...however...my cans plays a part in the setup too wink.gif

Yeah...bass has enoug to boom..but i hate that for music listening...i saw a thread in SGH that said wanna to recommend a gaming cans...i would say they can try..but i wonder how many of them had heard of HD 202 before....hm..so not many of them know exactly how it sounds...

tee, if u want me to provide free services to u like walk your pet.clea your house i order to get it free or even cheaper.i wont mind tongue.gif

Wortel, we are all learners in this hobby....aren't we?so let's learn together... wink.gif

mat....u flattered me man... ohmy.gif i'm not really good in that man...just to share what i think and feel only

jason, spammer?hm...duno and dun think so lah rolleyes.gif

Edited by mychew

budget is not an issue....main focus is on quality of sound, right? wink.gif

not tee....money is not a problem...but the budget does make a different...if u have money...u can buy whatever u can...but with limited budget...although u like it very much...it sounds superior to u....but it's beyond your budget...then u can't get it already... tongue.gif

Edited by mychew