Sign in to follow this  
[J]-ohn

Audio Technica Limited Edition ESW10

Got myself a ESW10 to replace my ESW9, and I must say the ESW10 is an upgrade to the ESW9 even before burn-in. Out from the box, the ESW10 sounded tighter in the bass section and seem to produce a slightly warmer lusher tone on the vocals.

Not much changes in the soundstage at this moment but that might change after a week of burn-in. Although I can't say the two (WES10 and ESW9) is a day and night difference but the little bits and pieces here and there proves to make the ESW10 a much more musical sounding headphone to listen to.

I would also recommend those who got the ESW10 to get a AT-HPP5 case to protect this headphone.

IPB Image

On the side note, I had to queue to pay for the ESW10, because Stereo called everyone at the same time and everyone came at the same timing 7-8pm, one of them even got 2 sets! Talk about bad economy and recession... -_-

Guest dragonboy
-ohn' date='10 Dec 2008, 11:05 AM' post='105076']

Got myself a ESW10 to replace my ESW9, and I must say the ESW10 is an upgrade to the ESW9 even before burn-in. Out from the box, the ESW10 sounded tighter in the bass section and seem to produce a slightly warmer lusher tone on the vocals.

Not much changes in the soundstage at this moment but that might change after a week of burn-in. Although I can't say the two (WES10 and ESW9) is a day and night difference but the little bits and pieces here and there proves to make the ESW10 a much more musical sounding headphone to listen to.

I would also recommend those who got the ESW10 to get a AT-HPP5 case to protect this headphone.

IPB Image

On the side note, I had to queue to pay for the ESW10, because Stereo called everyone at the same time and everyone came at the same timing 7-8pm, one of them even got 2 sets! Talk about bad economy and recession... -_-

Stereo have a strong magnet to attract your money to them. :grin: .... never feels like a recession when you're there. People seems to be buying like no tomorrow. :thumbup:

Edited by dragonboy

i dn tink jus we spending can recoup the recession? the scale is so wide...mayb jus recoup effects of recession for stereo? since we buy lots of headphones? LOL hahhhz

the best way to help a country economic to grow well is by people! The more we spend, the stronger the country economic is. And thus, make us better!

Hmmm, back to topic, how you feel of the cans?

They sound really good for a portable and go very well with my Mustang P-51. Burn in definitely helps open things up and I thought some of the stuffs I heard in the track where actually things going on outside my room. Kinda scares me.

I very much want to use these on the go but it doesn't isolate too well. I was at the rear of the bendy bus and it's just engine roar instead of my music all the way. Walking around with them on the street is totally fine and enjoyable. It also doesn't tire me out like how my ER4S will but those will be used more for commute because of better isolation.

I'll might be going to KL for the end of the year and I very much want to try if these will be good for long distance travel.

Guest dragonboy

They sound really good for a portable and go very well with my Mustang P-51. Burn in definitely helps open things up and I thought some of the stuffs I heard in the track where actually things going on outside my room. Kinda scares me.

I very much want to use these on the go but it doesn't isolate too well. I was at the rear of the bendy bus and it's just engine roar instead of my music all the way. Walking around with them on the street is totally fine and enjoyable. It also doesn't tire me out like how my ER4S will but those will be used more for commute because of better isolation.

I'll might be going to KL for the end of the year and I very much want to try if these will be good for long distance travel.

It's difficult to get a headphone that can really block the engine roar especially at where u sit, its just at where the engine is. Low frequencies are known to be able to even penetrate walls. Unless your headphones are very loud and with a very tight grip..... I'm afraid most headphones can't can't block away the engine roar. Maybe noise-cancelling? Most don't sound fantastic in comparison to the ESW10 and looks ... the ESW10 looks like a piece of art. :party:

Edited by dragonboy

They didn't get much stares or sorts while on the streets. I think they're more an elegant piece that compliments than an accessory that shouts for attention. More like a subtle piece of antique watch as compared to diamond Rolex.

I'll try to sit more to the front next time. Engines are crapping things out for me. Walking with these I feel safer than my IEMs. But I don't know about rain.

Edited by palestofwhite

I for one, cannot endure any noise that interrupts with the music. That is why i am still sticking to IEM for daily travelling on MRT. No matter how good the headphone can sound, all the background noise will just come in a destroy everything.

I for one, cannot endure any noise that interrupts with the music. That is why i am still sticking to IEM for daily travelling on MRT. No matter how good the headphone can sound, all the background noise will just come in a destroy everything.

Yeah the details are lost in the noise.

But the worse part is you will have a tenderncy to turn up the volume to hear the lost details. So if you're not careful you won't even realise you're blasting high volumes into your ears. Not good :wacko: