ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Ahh...was tempted by the HF2 as well since it has been touted as the "baby PS1000"...but the impressions of those who heard it at the current Canjam are mixed...Some put it even higher than the PS1000, GS1000, and RS1...but to some, it was really bad. I guess it is order now or not at all since it is a limited edition.

I just had a csll from someone who might be placing an order. :whistle:

From my reading SINCE last night. The majority of write ups puts the sound a mix of a bit of the RS1 mids and similar bass with the GS100 or PS1000. It will not win with the crystal highs (or SHRILL highs for non grado lovers) that the PS1000 can go. :think:

But it's all reading so can take this just as info not the main factor in buying. For me it's curiosity calling. lol! Hope I don't end up like a CAT though. :mellow:

how's the HF-2 shipping like?? more interested on Audeze Planars thou if they ever release:))

Shipping is around 30-40 usd. My advise take the USPS EXPRESS Mail so you have a tracking number it's less than 10usd diff from the lowest priced shipping. You can also get their FedEX for 50-70 usd. if you want peace of mind and a very wounded wallet. :sweat:

Edited by jojo_b2

how's the HF-2 shipping like?? more interested on Audeze Planars thou if they ever release:))

Think the look of PS1000 (wood/metal combo) with RS-1 cups. Smaller and lighter than PS1000 according to reviews.

Think the look of PS1000 (wood/metal combo) with RS-1 cups. Smaller and lighter than PS1000 according to reviews.

Most people are buying it for the following reasons (this is before it debut at the Canjam over the weekend in California):

1) THey are already Grado fans and head-fi members because the HF-2 is supposely Grado sounding all the way. Part of the proceed goes to Head-fi.

2) for USD 450, Grado fans/non-Grado fans can afford to risk it (eventhough it is about 200 more than what the HF-1 sold for). If they don't like it, since it is a limited series, they can still sell it easily.

3) Because it's been marketed and hyped as the 'baby PS1000'.

I too share the pain. Unless I upgrade my AMP with something with a lot more Juice> It would be hard to get the best of the HD800. :cry:

Nice for my wallet though. :rclxms:

I am waiting for the completion and delivery of my Zana Deux LE :smoke: , which supposedly makes HD650 shine. I would expect that it may have some good synergy with the HD800. It certainly have the juice to drive the HD800 for sure. That still doesn't mean I'm going to get the HD800 :)

Most people are buying it for the following reasons (this is before it debut at the Canjam over the weekend in California):

1) THey are already Grado fans and head-fi members because the HF-2 is supposely Grado sounding all the way. Part of the proceed goes to Head-fi.

2) for USD 450, Grado fans/non-Grado fans can afford to risk it (eventhough it is about 200 more than what the HF-1 sold for). If they don't like it, since it is a limited series, they can still sell it easily.

3) Because it's been marketed and hyped as the 'baby PS1000'.

Add one... it's said to be neutral amongst the Grado line up. With a nice high, sweet mids and the BASS. unfortunately it doesn't beat the PS1000 highs, RS1/RS2 mids, and the fr*kin BASS of the GS1000. But it has some from each. ^_^

I am waiting for the completion and delivery of my Zana Deux LE :smoke: , which supposedly makes HD650 shine. I would expect that it may have some good synergy with the HD800. It certainly have the juice to drive the HD800 for sure. That still doesn't mean I'm going to get the HD800 :)

Woah! What's nice is you still have the option. :thumbup:

For me it's a Stake to an arm. But not totally bad. As one thing is certain the Yammy gives justice to low impendance cans. :yes:

Edited by jojo_b2

I've posted this at another forum before.

Here, these are my home rigs.

Pioneer Compact-Disc Player PD-204

Pioneer VSA-D802S (AV Digital Surround Amplifier)

IPB Image

The Pioneer CD Player have enough features here to satisfy most people -- witness the remote control, direct access, programming, random play, output level control, headphone jack (with level control), a hi-lite and a peak search function for features. Amazing what they've been able to cramp in here.

And for my Pioneer VSA-D802S Amplifier, It is surprisingly good with music and its phono stage.

This is my another home amplifier, the Harman/Kardon AVR25II Receiver.

IPB Image

Great output sound i could say for this amplifier! High current amplifier pumping out incredible sound quality, in both pro-logic surround and stereo modes.

IPB Image

Using AR loud speaker!

Cheers :P

Edited by julius

A very neat rig Julius! :thumbup:

(Ray Samuel Audio SR-71A - The Black Bird)

-Front View-

IPB Image

-Top View-

IPB Image

A very neat rig Julius! :thumbup:

Thanks jojo_b2! :D

IPB Image

Using AR loud speaker!

ah...i used this speakers before!!

ah...i used this speakers before!!

Oh really! Haha. I thought that AR isn't that popular in Singapore. And didn't seem to see much people having it in Singapore.

haha, very short period of time only...

Ohh haha. Means now you must be using even better speakers already! :thumbup:

That still doesn't mean I'm going to get the HD800 :)

Yeah right, keep telling yourself that ... :grin:

Hmmm... I remember seeing your name on the HD800 invite list somewhere.... oh yes, right after mine :P

A little teaser for lava lamp lover. Mathmos Fluidium and Telstar. :grin:

IPB Image

looks like you clear whole singapore mathmos lava lamp stock. spoke with the shop person again yesterday during my lunch break and he says maybe next year might bring in mathmos lava lamp again. :doh:

on a side note, if shipping wasnt that ex, would have bidded on the mathmos lava lamp on ebay. winning bid £10.49 but shipping to singapore £24. :bash:

IPB Image

Using AR loud speaker!

welcome to this forum julius, love the fighter jet 'tweak' you got there for your rig. is that a F16 by chance?

I would pull the trigger on the HF2 if I had not learnt my lesson of taking a leap of faith with Head-Fi hype.

Once bitten, twice shy. Head-fi has too much hype seriously, I take what i read there with a pinch of salt. Personally for big ticket items I wont buy if I never try before. Since we do have quite a variety of stuff available here, might as play it safe with my thin wallet. :D

Ohh haha. Means now you must be using even better speakers already! :thumbup:

totally give up speakers system a year ago. don't have a proper room for Hi-fi now, rather don't play.

maybe if i can clear my stuff in the room. i'll re-build one.

desktop rig is enough at the moment. the last pair of speakers was Audio Physic Step SE. i like book shelf speakers most due to the size of my room.