ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Thanks for all the good advice guys. Makes me wonder why I still go over to the OTHER forum. :P

1. to take a look at the classifieds there and see got what good bargains/to sell stuff. :grin:

2. for entertainment purpose. a lot of :doh: posts to marvel at. :lol:

3. to see cases of the blind leading the blind. :sweat:

good enough reasons? :grin:

To clarify, many thoughts run through my head all the time, as people like hellfire should know best. :blush: My rig decisions have changed radically over the past half a year, and only eventually did I settle on my current set-up.

I'm very glad you finally reach your current setup and enjoying it very much but I do miss the days when i can chat with you on msn at nights and you will shoot me all your funny ideas for your rig. :bash:

In the process of going to the fella's house to test the CDP before making my decision....

Joining the CDP club already ah. :thumbup:

Edited by hellfire112

buy more CDs to listen la :grin:

we can help to arrange audition if you are keen :grin: but at the end must buy one leh :drool:

try what?? the CD Mat??? just buy one lah...no need to try.... :grin:

Haha by definition that's not called audition alr wad :sweat:

In the process of going to the fella's house to test the CDP before making my decision....

What are you looking at?

1. to take a look at the classifieds there and see got what good bargains/to sell stuff. :grin:

:grin:

IPB Image

Pioneer PD-F25

Gotten the black version for $30. Pretty old unit, manufactured in '96. Still functioning pretty good, and the ability to hold 25 discs is a pretty good convenience to me.

IPB Image

Pioneer PD-F25

Gotten the black version for $30. Pretty old unit, manufactured in '96. Still functioning pretty good, and the ability to hold 25 discs is a pretty good convenience to me.

A nice old unit of Pioneer. :thumbup:

When people come to me and ask for a budget CDP to recommend I always say NAD. Sorry CA guys. :P

@hellfire: Good reasons. Really funny to see the new generation of fanboys sprouting up too. It's either time at my computer or time at my rig (they're at different locations) so it's quite a no-brainer most of the time.

@cal: Thanks for the vote of confidence for my CDP, looks I really got a good deal there (thanks to Stanley). Time for some footers and related tweaks. :holiday:

2. for entertainment purpose. a lot of :doh: posts to marvel at. :lol:

3. to see cases of the blind leading the blind. :sweat:

good enough reasons? :grin:

:grin::rclxms::thumbup::14-00000002:

When people come to me and ask for a budget CDP to recommend I always say NAD. Sorry CA guys. :P

Budget? I recommend vintage Sony. :whistle:

Sony CDP-557ED http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyes/.../CDP557ESD.html :wub:

@hellfire: Good reasons. Really funny to see the new generation of fanboys sprouting up too. It's either time at my computer or time at my rig (they're at different locations) so it's quite a no-brainer most of the time.

Too bad the OTHER forum dun have this :doh: emoticon. Would come in real handy when replying. :grin:

Wait got any spies over here? :shifty:

NAD is well constructed with thoughtful engineering, but for some reason or another they like to use interesting DAC chips. Doesn't say anything though.

Too bad the OTHER forum dun have this :doh: emoticon. Would come in real handy when replying. :grin:

Wait got any spies over here? :shifty:

You can always link the image over :grin:

Maybe they purposely disabled tt image there cause they know it will be used ever too often :ppth:

Pioneer PD-F25

Welcome to the cdp club. So how's it compare to your computer?

@cal: Thanks for the vote of confidence for my CDP, looks I really got a good deal there (thanks to Stanley). Time for some footers and related tweaks. :holiday:

That's a steal rather than a deal.

NAD is well constructed with thoughtful engineering, but for some reason or another they like to use interesting DAC chips. Doesn't say anything though.

That's means the DAC is unknown or cheap in marketing term. :grin:

Thankies julius and cal, but unfortunately unable to have time for critical listening sessions, as I'm mugging for my exams next week. :cry:

:rclxms:

Guest jacj6049

ha!!!seems everybody's gettin new toys.......headphones meet's near? :think: