ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

so fast... I got to sent more than 6 email before grado will reply me... piss off with grado now. let see if they will do as promise by shipping my hf2 next week. reason being they only travel twice a month to post office...

I know how you feel. When my RS-1 was sent for repair it took more than 2 months before I got it back. And I was promised 1 month. :doh:

the missing link

mundorf wires

mundorf solder

furutech plug

IPB Image

:bash::bash:

nice :party: my favourite wires. almost everything i have is running on mundorf 1% gold silver now.. including using them as speaker jumpers.

which mundorf solder is that? the 3.8% silver or the 9.5% silver one? i have one reel of the 9.5% silver one which can be quite a pain to work with cuz of the melting temp at 300deg odd, you will need abt 40-50 watt soldering iron for a good joint. 20 watt irons can do the job, but not as optimum.

Damn Grado! Luckily I'll never have to deal with their nonsense. Hope you receive your HF-2 soon.

Hope so. this bad experience is turning me off from Grado. Thinking of getting D7000 next.

I know how you feel. When my RS-1 was sent for repair it took more than 2 months before I got it back. And I was promised 1 month. :doh:

Grado Cust Scv and QC really cmi... :bash:

Hmm. :think: The DAC section is supposed to be the same IIRC. Only some funky new functions and an improved amp section for the DA11. Then again, I could be wrong.

Do let us know the result. It'll be interesting.

The difference is very subtle, a slightly darker background. The Image control works though, by increasing the soundstage, the vocals tend to be more laid back, while decreasing it, the vocals come forward. I don't think I'll be changing mine, even though the Image control may come in handy at times but sonically they're very similar. Overall, the upgrade is just paying for the USB, remote control and Image control.

Time to eye for other DAC, with Sabre32 chips perhaps :rolleyes:

Edited by Darkkopi

The difference is very subtle, a slightly darker background. The Image control works though, by increasing the soundstage, the vocals tend to be more laid back, while decreasing it, the vocals come forward. I don't think I'll be changing mine, even though the Image control may come in handy at times but sonically they're very similar. Overall, the upgrade is just paying for the USB, remote control and Image control.

Time to eye for other DAC, with Sabre32 chips perhaps :rolleyes:

I see a "Fruit" for DAC. I see going FULL DIY! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info darkkopi. Looks like DA11 is not worth the extra cost.

Hope so. this bad experience is turning me off from Grado. Thinking of getting D7000 next.

D7000 is a great can. Worth checking out. :party:

Edited by ical

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thanks jig_sg for all the hassle, brought this magnificent K1000 all the way to mountain top... :blush:

we wonder the other two slept well last night :grin::sweat::sweat:

thanks jig_sg for all the hassle, brought this magnificent K1000 all the way to mountain top... :blush:

we wonder the other two slept well last night :grin::sweat::sweat:

I think that 2 fellows must be checking the marketplace for it every minute. :grin:

This kind of poisoning session better don't go. Already have 2 victims. Btw the K1000 look fake to me without the red tube over the headband. :whistle: MUST BE FAKE! :grin:

Edited by ical