ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

u r really king of poisoning :sweat:

reimyo ler they r part of harmonix and combak

my wallet just recovering not at the moment :yuck:

Reimyo combo too unrealistic lah unless they're use for Stax. :grin::grin:

Previously did compare them with Accustic Arts transport/DAC some time back. Most of us prefer Accustic Art. I remember the owner of Reimyo was so upset that he traded in the DAC for AA Tube-DAC. I believe he should have upgrade to full AA with the new transport DRIVE II by now. That's my dream source for cdp but for it's price, it seem so far. :cry:

post-3069-1257398214.jpg

post-3069-1257398224.jpg

Edited by ical

The last few pages have been full of poison! :lol:

Well that's what's this threads all about... maybe we should have named it "Show Off Your Home AND Dream Rigs"?

i agree :D

and put in MY dream rig in near future......

accoustic art is way way too exp for me :sweat: unless if i upgrade to Sith Master :rclxub:

like joining a bunch of old mens with shorts and sweat shirts in coffee shop :yuck::ppth:

This one looks good! :grin:

Good taste! Go for it then! What're you waiting for? Life is short. It cost less than a car so I believe it well within your budget. Don't disappoint us like sep90. :whistle:

Edited by ical

Reimyo combo too unrealistic lah unless they're use for Stax. :grin::grin:

Previously did compare them with Accustic Arts transport/DAC some time back. Most of us prefer Accustic Art. I remember the owner of Reimyo was so upset that he traded in the DAC for AA Tube-DAC. I believe he should have upgrade to full AA with the new transport DRIVE II by now. That's my dream source for cdp but for it's price, it seem so far. :cry:

Interesting observation...out of curiosity, may I ask what else is in the rest of that ex-reimyo owner's eqpt chain?

Was that owner also using stock cords (Harmonix X-DC2)? The reimyo combo sounds best with the X-DC studiomaster cords and not the X-DC2 basic cord, while the reimyo dac will also perform at its best with upgraded feet. Perhaps if he had taken these steps, he might not need to change his source...I know because I have the reimyo combo myself, but no longer used together now (tpt now paired with another dac). In a properly tuned setup, the combo does very well. For some reason, the reimyo combo also works better with jap preamps or int amps.

Then again, preferences are subjective. For me, I vastly preferred the reimyo combo over AA's offerings (which influenced my purchase back then) but that's just me.

Edited by askl2000

Haha! I think it better for me not to mention too much detail or the owner will be exposed. Too sensitive regarding the relationship between the owner and distributor of Reimyo which I believe you know what I meant. Yes, preference is subjective in this hobby.

Edited by ical

btw there's a voltage switch in the stax amp right?

Most of the older ones have (717 & before) switches but, even so, not all can be switched.

This is mostly the case for the ones that come from Japan, these have the 100V sticker on the back (see pic below). However, there are some of the US version amps with the 117V sticker that owners have problems trying to switch to 230V. But generally the units without stickers and with the (100V, 117V, 220V 240V) markings have been successfully switched. The reason why this is (as mentioned on Headfi) is that Stax had cut off some of the the power transformer wires for other voltages (other than 100V; in the case of those from Japan) so as to curb grey market exports out of Japan. However, they can be reconnected if you know what you're doing (some of the Headfi'ers have successfully done it).

Then again there are units that have the sticker but can still be switched internally as Stax may not have cut the wires. These are usually those with no switches (2nd last pic) but it does have the universal voltage marking (100V, 117V, 220V 240V). But this is not a hard and fast rule.

*Edit* : Usually if you get Stax amps from Europe, they generally can be universally used. Singapore one's are set to 240V already (last pic)

Confused?

With "fixed" 100V Sticker / no switch / no universal (100V-240V) voltage markings

IPB Image

With "fixed" 100V Sticker / with switch / no universal voltage markings

IPB Image

Without "fixed" voltage sticker / with switch & universal voltage markings (This one can be switched for use anywhere)

IPB Image

With "fixed" 117V voltage sticker / without switch / with universal voltage markings

IPB Image

Local Set with "fixed" 240V sticker / no universal voltage markings & switch

IPB Image

Edited by jig_sg

Good info! You're not called Mr sex..oh...ahm....ah....Stax for nothing. :party:

btw there's a voltage switch in the stax amp right?

So are you joining the club soon? :whistle: Good foresight! :grin: Guess you don't want to follow my footstep. :party:

Open a new thread for my dream rig?

This thread has more than enough poison to inject into the heart. :grin:

Edited by ical

This thread has more than enough poison to inject into the heart. :grin:

Think what he means is that this thread is for "Home Rigs" and not "Home Rigs That You Dream of"; ie, this thread is getting corrupted! :grin:

arrhhh........ very deep leh :rclxub::rclxub::rclxub:

never mind, we have Mr Sex.. ops.. Stax i mean :grin:

ok... Sex.. Stax Gang Children here we come :beer:

Think what he means is that this thread is for "Home Rigs" and not "Home Rigs That You Dream of"; ie, this thread is getting corrupted! :grin:

agree... should have open another thread "My Dream Rigs" :smoke: