Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

opinions: silver or brown Oaks for me

which one for ME?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

time to be vain and change specs again. the first one is my current pair, silver:

pros-quite striking cos its matt aluminium looking, very "oakley-like"

cons-makes me look pale cos of the light colour sad2.gif

second one I'm thinking of getting:

pros-brown, makes me look less pale, tortoise-shell stems

cons-a lil less striking, less "cool", tortoise-shell

what do you all think will look best for me? blush.gif

tortoise shell is fugly believe me!! tongue.gif

I still love the silver one best! Is there any carbon colour? That might be cool! darker, but still retains the classic 'silver'.

The 2nd one is Ok actuallt.. but the stem's colour is a turn off for me sad2.gif .. otherwise the frame's colour is cool also!

graphite blue - if they have one. Tortoise shell otherwise. Silver is uhm rather dated? looking. However it does match other piece of jewelry you have lol.gif

I'm gonna get the hammer.gif for this I know.

there're only two choices Rameish. don't go OT! dry.gif

anyway, oakley's silver is not the kinda old-man-type shiny silver, its a very nice, matt, aluminium looking finish biggrin.gif seriously, you and cookie have seen me what, should I get darker coloured frames?

I chose the 2nd one because it looks alot more different from you present glasses plus I like the tortoise shell effect.

You can GIVE me your old frame now wink.gif

you do? you don't think tortoise-shell looks too..old-fashioned? blush.gif

btw, I will be breaking my current oaks, getting a new piece for $30 under the warranty scheme, and selling the brand new piece cool.gif

that's what I thought too tongue.gif

blaze.. sell me your frame.. cheap cheap ok yeah.gif

Personally I find the design of the 1st one conservative. I'd probably use it for work & the other I'd choose for casual wear.

I actually think the design of the frames look more old fashined compared with the tortoise shell part. Best way is try them out. I like alot of frames from Oakley but they look a little odd on me after I try them out.

you do? you don't think tortoise-shell looks too..old-fashioned? blush.gif

btw, I will be breaking my current oaks, getting a new piece for $30 under the warranty scheme, and selling the brand new piece cool.gif

Old fashion? well you could look it at another angle and call it a retro look instead. Sound better..

actually, the brown one has a more conservative design. the silver one I'm currently wearing, has a more prominent taper at the outer edges, more typically "oakley-like". can't find any pics to illustrate my point though..

for those who wanna research, the top one is the O2, and the bottom one the offline 4.0 happy.gif