Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

opinions: silver or brown Oaks for me

which one for ME?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ablaze,

Oakley just send the lastest catalogue to me last week and I found the Soft Spike to look really cool. Cost wise? Should be around $400+ for the frame. Check it out! BTW, it's the last pair in my signature.

Also saw that at OPSM this afternoon. Nice nice!

donno lei, every time I try their frameless designs, the centre bridge always looks too wide for me sleep.gif

btw, was that you who added in the vote for the tortoise-shells?

btw, where's the cheapest place to make oak Rx-es? the ones I go to always give fixed price on the frames rolleyes.gif

Yes, it's me!

The tortoise shell colour will help to accentuate the glasses that you are wearing, bringing the attention to the face. However, a silver frame in comparison with the skin tone, looks closer and thus become indistinct.

Depends on whether you glasses is meant as a statement or to blend in and look natural. (BTW, too many silver frames around).

Edited by Northern Oak

btw, where's the cheapest place to make oak Rx-es? the ones I go to always give fixed price on the frames rolleyes.gif

Check out Queenstown Shopping Centre (and perhaps drop-by Rameish's place). Only 1 or 2 shops give discounts. Beware that some may not have genuine warranty, though it just cost you $30 more for repair if the warranty expires.

I think this voting is really crap, BTW. It should be "what you think you like" instead of "what we think looks nice", especially when we don't even know how it will fit.

Choose one that suits your taste, its better than one which thousands say look good. At least, you won't regret buying the one that suits your taste a few months down the road.

Oak, the soft spike looks pretty cool! laugh.gif

lekguan: maybe ablaze should help those who are unfamiliar with his face, by posting his pic online naughty.giftongue.gif

blues, jtfoo has tried to make the point, but in vain.

And I'm trying to say, with his face or not, it makes no sense.

1) Even if you have a picture, it still won't be as good as seeing the thing fit in person

2)You like, I like, everyone like, but ablaze prefer the other one, hm whats the use? Still his taste the most important yes.gif

Ah yes, soft spike is cool, wonder if it will fit you this time around. Give frameless a try again!

Edited by lekguan

No no.. you're wrong amdme naughty.gif..

ablaze takes his pic with the first one on. It's good enough to sub for the 'real person' option.

For the 2nd one, usually when a person asks for an advice, he's torn in between the 2. In this case, his choice is divided to 50/50. That is why usually people need to make the poll or sort . Then from there, he/she will pick the majority and 'usually' go along with them.

tongue.gif

Edited by Blues

Silver cool.gif

Edited by Wortel

For the contrast effect, even a black pair will look good on ya, ablaze. Hence, I voted for the latter. Silver suits better if U have a darker skin tone. Dated? It's all in the mind as fashion tends to recycle after every decade or so. Some are evergreen classics like Rayban. Remember how the world went crazy with these when Tom Cruise appeared with these in "Topgun"?

Edited by Mackie

thanks mack.

I'm kinda leaning towards the brown frames now..I think I'm just itching to get a different look lol biggrin.gif

edit: if I looked like Tom Cruise..I'd probably look good with a $20 pair of junk from the Chinatown roadside stalls. alas, just an average-lookin bloke here sleep.gif

That what fashion is all about, put a famous name to a mediocre apparel and walla!...Designer label!