heady

Best headphones in the world?

well its sibilant with sibilant tracks to me but all in all not sibilant at all

but i did love it except for the highs can be irritating at times

s9 -> O2 did drive it well

i must say it is very very neutral with everything in the right place and space

I have a K701 and a ATH AD700 in the closet that someone traded to me. They both need earpads but otherwise they look as good as new. I hope in the next month or two I can get around to reviewing them.

I just got the B&W P3, and I love it. It looks good and sounds good.

woah dt48a are too beautiful both looks and sound

if i have the time will do my own review on this

Have you bought one? I currently have 6 :party:

I just saw Dales gears list, seems to be missing something there :grin:

Edited by Maniacal71

mine was courtesy of dale :D

6 tts alot of the same headphones

That is very kind of Dale as usual, if ever you want to get rid of it, you know who to look for :grin:

I have the Kudelski S 25Ω Nagra, S 25Ω Nagra, S 5Ω Nagra, E 25Ω x 2 (one with coiled and the other Y cable) and of course the A 5Ω Audiometric.

Edited by Maniacal71

I'm still convinced that the DT48 has the best driver in the business. All I need is to get Beyer to make a new earpad.

For me, getting closer requires getting closer to the driver, not further away.

I meant getting closer to the original sound.

Over time they will get nearer, after only an hour of having them on, they stick close like suction cups.

If you're talking about the sound of your old DT48, you will need to get a vintage E 25Ω, they sound much upfront than the A and the S and the new E.

Edited by Maniacal71

I know the drivers are the same, I just need thinner earpads - the old earpads. You can test it yourself by observing the huge drop in efficiency by switching from round to oval earpads.

Yes the round rubber pads are very efficient at channeling the sound, just uncomfortable for long use, it burns at the pinnae, i used to go for long sessions with my DT48A with the original round pads, the soft oval pads are better imho, they are plush maybe too plush, lol. I have 3 types of pads, all except the round cushion pad which i cannot find.

They are indeed left/right polarized, that is also why it sounds and image the best, as i listen to my reference speakers near field, that is 1.5 metres apart and I'm sitting 1/2 a metre between them. Exactly the same effect and sound wise similar to reference monitors.

Edited by Maniacal71