Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

jason

my volume pot only has 3 legs

is it still the same connection as u said?

as for the on/off switch, do i need a 2 pole switch that off both the + & - ?

cause one of the 9v will still be connected in the circuit even when the switch is off rite? will it drain the batt unsure.gif

jason

my volume pot only has 3 legs

is it still the same connection as u said?

as for the on/off switch, do i need a 2 pole switch that off both the + & - ?

cause one of the 9v will still be connected in the circuit even when the switch is off rite? will it drain the batt unsure.gif

Only 3 legs? Then you can only control one channel. You should have gotten dual gang, log scale type.. Farnell has some good and price reasonably well(i.e. less than Alps) pots.

Try this for stock numbers,

3068316 - Vishay Cermet Pot. Cermet pots are suppose to sound better than carbon pots, like the alp blue. Linear pot though, but can law fake with a 2K resistor.

3071273 or 3071157 - Both similar 10K log pots, only the shaft is different. Cheaper than the vishay.

Kenshinz, when can see yours ? happy.gif oh and thanks for helping me get the parts

No problem, I'm going there anyway. As for my board hehe... gotta wait a while thot.. I'm still waiting for my friend to pass me his soldering kit, anyway dun think I'll be able to get it right the 1st time, never done any soldering before tongue.gif

kenshinz sorry i didn't reply your SMS today

was too busy didn't see the msg happy.gif so did u find the op-amp?

i'll try SLT tomorrow, also need the correct volume pot i bought the case today & the 2 pole switch, hope can finish by friday

below is a pic of the cmoy with the case and new switch, i hav decided to go with the 2 batt design for this first amp laugh.gif

post-2-1067350928.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

was too busy didn't see the msg

No problem... actually the sms was sent on monday when I went down to SLT tongue.gif

BTW nice work on your amp, could pick up a few pointers from you when I start on mine yes.gif

was too busy didn't see the msg

No problem... actually the sms was sent on monday when I went down to SLT tongue.gif

BTW nice work on your amp, could pick up a few pointers from you when I start on mine yes.gif

blink.gif lol that means my SMS SUPER LAG lol.gif

only see the sms today lol.gif

jason your pic making me dizzy wacko.giflol.gif

what is that? super-charged CMOY ? ohmy.gif

Nice batt... tongue.gif

Who got good camera can lend me?

the rechargeble 9v is actually a little smaller then the non-recharge ones, i tried 2 non-recharge and they don't fit in the case

Cofidential until i got a camera.

hammer.gif is it for your PPA or somthing new? kicking.gif

i ordered the OP-amp from Ferderal today, 1 for me another for kenshinz, the lady say i can only collect tomorrow sleep.gif think i will get 1 more for myself when i go there hammer.gif want to try the 1 batt layout, already bought enough parts for 2 more Cmoy w00t.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

Cofidential until i got a camera.

Hmm... Looks like some sort of regulated power supply. smile.gif

Regards

CK

i seen jason's PPA (suntec mini meet) it didn't look like its got anymore space unsure.gif

what u builded jason hammer.gifbiggrin.gif

can i use it on my almost done Cmoy? lol.gif