Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Amp for the Sleeping Pill,

It's a good match especially tuberolled & even better if I can get it uprated.

when i dropped by bintan, my mates kept drinking this local brand i kept laffing at whenever i saw it...

its called 'Bintang' which is star in malay... still brings a smile to me even now..

As long as you can convince Firefox to mod it, nudge2 wink2 wink.gif

when i dropped by bintan, my mates kept drinking this local brand i kept laffing at whenever i saw it...

its called 'Bintang' which is star in malay... still brings a smile to me even now..

Hey Naz we may need another thread split here

But anyway how does your setup sounds with the MG head?

Edited by lengcm

Bintang beer is modeled after Heini which also has a red star. Also the Dutch were colonial masters of Indonesia - hence Bintang beer has its origins from Heiniken.

Edited by Rameish

it was the first time i listen to the HD600, someone once told me it had no bass and sound flat, so i was surprise when i heard jason's setup, it sounded like my D40fs, but the AT is a studio phone so it the sound is very forward & in your face.

i would say jason's setup sound quite close to the W1000 in the lower frequency, with the 1000 being a little more "warm"

when i was trying the PPA with HD600, it was playing some kind of jazz track with a female vocal, not sure who it was (need to ask jason), she sounded like her voice was going to crack, it was going higher & higher, but it didn't crack at the end tongue.gif maybe it was clip by the PPA? mellow.gif

the source was an MD, how much will the MD affect the sound?

PPA, Cordas, META 42, Grado RA-1, etc ad nausum are all nice but I want more. Somthing tells me this headphone was created so long ago that the current price is not indicative of the kind of amp it need to be partnered with.

Here I agree with Jude - it's too cheap and alot of people partner it with cheap electronics.

Maybe I just go back to the Prehead.

Prehead... seems like that is the only amp that could really produce high current and sound good my other pair of headphones.... DT931....

LOL! You guys are really taking advantage of the speed of the forum.

Hmm, where shall I begin? Well, for one thing I had to get my charger as my notebook war running out of juice... I diagress.

The MG Head OTL typically is midrange biased. Oodles of warmth & all that. I guess it's not the perfect sound that some might be looking for. It has 2 headphone outs. Trans & OTL. The former will make the sound of the highs very sweet. Imagine the highs achieved by the DT880. The downside is that bass although it's there is less impactful. OTL on the other hand has oodles of bass but at the cost of the sweet highs. Both however retain the midrange magic. OTL sounds extremely good with the K501. Bass endowed headphones sound better on Trans. DT770pro neither! It was just too much for me regardless. Obviously the sound varies with different tubes which you can change to suit your needs.

That's all I can put down right now, catch up with you guys later.