Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

Link from echoloft?

I don't see your point. It's free, it takes a few moments to register viola. If they don't want to register because of that small incovenience (at no cost) then it's their choice.

Hmmm...personally I prefer free viewing before signing up for anything. I'm not quite sure what the reason is for required reg but ablaze did explain it to me once (it made sense then) but for the life of me I can't remember it now. w00t.gif Getting too old.

Correct me if I am wrong, my understanding is that you feel the choice is not there because thay cannot sample the forum before decideing to join. That's where I felt it is 2 different issues. I felt that since it is free & the only incovenience is to take a few short moments to register, therein lies their choice.

I wish I can think as simple as that N@z, but from a normal point of view I think that people at large are a little apprehensive with regards to giving out their information over the internet (hence not deciding to register). I'm not sure you would like to let yourself into any deal without knowing whats in it for you would you? I know I wouldn't. I hope you see what I'm getting at without being to defensive about the whole thing. Lighten up and have a good festive season mate!

I agree to a certain extent. Hm not quite about letting go information over the internet. But, i mean, you see, if I don't know what it offers, why should i register? My suggestion is to make it remain the way it is right now, where people need to register, but add more stuff into the test forum (eg about 3~5 of our very own articles/reviews) to attract people to sign up.

Oh no dude, I wasn't being defensive. Maybe it's the written word where I can't express emotion so it comes out like that when you read it. You should know me better by now! wink.gif Like I said elsewhere. I'm in too good of a mood to be in knots about it headphone.gif

I was merely thinking out loud originally where I don't see the fuss. The registration is simple & painless. I feel Hotmail takes up more time & info than registering for SGH. That's all.

I think we should be able to view but not touch! (unless you register of course)

I saw a link in Echoloft for this place on thought 'ooh headphone forum that sounds interesting' But when I got here I had to sign up without even knowing what was behind the door I walked away!

I was not into headphones at that point. However when people started talking on Echoloft more about what was going on here I went and joined up. Then you guys got me hooked on headphones!

However.... whatever it is.... this forum seems to ONLY have nice people! Every other forum I go to has at least a few idiots. *hugs all my fellow headphone friends*blink.gif sorry...

Ditto another vote for view first... but i think lek's solution of letting them read a few chosen articles as something to sample is a more elegant solution to the registration.

Noted the suggestion guys. Will bring it up in an Admin/Mod meeting.

A poll beckons soon? Nevertheless, I'm thankful Echoloft has extended the courtesy to our humble forum. Do U guys notice Xtremeplace was never listed? Maybe they had not asked but I believe this forum touches on a different area of audiophillia and hence, Echoloft does not see us as competition.

Edited by Mackie