Sign in to follow this  
Gouki

What do you guys/gals think of SONY CD3000?

As for getting a pair of Sonys for you, have you tried them and are you sure that you want it? I remember one of the guys on this forum was selling a pair, has that been sold yet?

For the price, I prefer it new. I've never gotten any used cans except for Eggos. Call me picky. Oh yes, I've heard CD3K. How else could I give an impression of the cans? I don't pluck comments from the air and feed them to this forum or I will get hammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif

I will let U know Gouki if my finances allow me to commit on a buy. Thanks dude.

Yeah, I just realised that you've already tried them (perhaps comprehensively) with the PC II.

I just don't understand why people would buy something so expensive without really testing them properly (it took me almost a year to test and accept the CD3000 because of intense competition from all the other headphone brands). The Sonys are a little HYPED in my opinion, but they are pretty good (I just happen to have the not so popular 570 symphony) and its pretty unbelievable that shops here still sells them.

Let me know before the end of March as I'll be coming down to Singapore.

I can host you when you come to town, just remember to bring of those nice n tasty japanese pastries with the red beans to share with all. biggrin.gif

Ha thanks!

But I think you can't bring such food into Singapore as Japanese food are too high in MSG!!! (j/k).

I can bring Japanese curry how bout that?

I have some friends in Singapore so I will have a place to stay, thanks for the offer though.

P.S. Do you happen to live in a Condo with a swimming pool and free maid service including free washing/food/DVD entertainment? I might change my mind hahaha!!!

I remember one of the guys on this forum was selling a pair, has that been sold yet?

Incidentally, I'm currently the caretaker of this pair until the owner comes by during the meet. One might say I've more than a week to sample it. However, I wish to maintain its condition as fresh as possible for I feel uncomfortable using the cans before the new owner gets to handle it.

Excuse me for a little side tracking here!

Hi Gouki, If and when it is decided by Mackie to get a new pair of the CD3000, please let me know. I might just hitch a ride on that, if that is ok with you too.

I'd have to tell you though that it all depends on how favourable the cans are to my ears, I think I'll have a chance meeting the specified March cut off time.

Mackie, I would think I'll need your help on this again, if all goes ahead. Let me know, thanks!

N@z, has the cans landed? Need to hear them Cd3000 real bad. wink.gif

regards

Oooo... I'd like to reserve a pair of L3000 instead please! But seriously, how much do they actually cost over there?

Is the L3000 the limited edition with the leather ear covers?

If so, then it is a total rip off if you ask me.

Price is about $3000 or something like that.

Better to get STAX or R10.

I've never heard any of them yet so I can't agree nor disagree with your comments.

Originally posted by matbon0013:

N@z, has the cans landed? Need to hear them Cd3000 real bad

Sorry dude, it's with it's temporary 'caretaker' right now.

Oooo... I'd like to reserve a pair of L3000 instead please! But seriously, how much do they actually cost over there?

Is the L3000 the limited edition with the leather ear covers?

If so, then it is a total rip off if you ask me.

Price is about $3000 or something like that.

Better to get STAX or R10.

I've never heard any of them yet so I can't agree nor disagree with your comments.

Originally posted by matbon0013:

N@z, has the cans landed? Need to hear them Cd3000 real bad

Sorry dude, it's with it's temporary 'caretaker' right now.

Between the STAX and R10, get the STAX. It comes complete with a dedicated AMP and they are good.

R10, well, they are very much like the CD3000s, but better of course. The CD3000 seemed like a younger, less mature version of it although it has a lot of balls.

I've never been interested in AT products, though they do look good (I'm just too Sony/Senns. bias).

I hope to try out alot of ATs at this coming meet. I hate being biased! The more the merrier I say! grado.gifsony.gifetys.gifbeyer.gifeggo.gif

well blues bringing !! ... sony is too refine for me ! i perfer Beyer wub.gif DT 880 @ happy.gifhappy.giflaugh.gif

Mackie, I would think I'll need your help on this again, if all goes ahead. Let me know, thanks!

No problem matey.

After comparing the DT880 and cd3k again ...

(Well I've borrowed NT's Dt880 unit biggrin.gif )

I hate to say this as the owner of the cd3k, but it falls abit short on the bass and dynamics(not that I was unaware of it..but..). The bass is much snappier on the 880. Drums etc sound really fast and snappy whereas on the cd3k sounds a little slow and 'rounded?'.I believe it doesn't go quite as deep too(gives u this wanna puke feeling if u listen too much drums on the cd3k.. yucky.gif ).

Hrm if only I have more chance to compare it to the HD600+aftermarket cable and the grado rs-1.. then we can really see how it stacks against the high-end cans hrmmm laugh.gif

As it stands, it is still my favourite can.. for the price that I paid for .. totally no regret tongue.gif . Just that I wish it was smaller so that I can lie on bed with it sleep.gif . Not that I can't , but it will get pushed forward and it will alter the sound slightly. Beyer dt880 can do the job, etys (nothing to say lol.gif ). I might look for other can that can complement my listening 'style' that is .. lie on bed haha.gif

Edited by Blues

Anybody who wants to lend me his/her pair? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ...

If you get the chance Gouki, I read somewhere that the AT-A1000 is a slightly less refined version of the cd3k.