N@Z

Headphone Sightings

As the title states... I was watching HBO this afternoon & chanced upon Josie & the Pussycats (stop sniggering ablaze!) At the end of the movie they showed a scene of them wearing each, what seemed to be Grado HP-1000 headphones. There's no mistaking them due to their metal finish on the drivers & headband adjustment thingies. There were no phase switches so for sure they were not HP-1s.

Also currently around 7pm weekedays theres a Korean soap on TV3 (Msia) which my wife likes to watch, the intro has a lady wearing something designed similar to the older full sized closed Senn headphones.

Last 2 weeks ago I think I saw this kid wearing the Sony VJ (? it's the silver ones which look like the ministry of sound headphones)700, ignorance is bliss... happy.gif

Did you see the movie? The h/p's didn't have the black markings like on the 325, not that I noticed anyway. But were nit picking it's not important really.

hm... jay chou.. zhou jie lun, the famous taiwanese pop and rap singer. I spotted him wearing beyer dt770pro in one of his advertisment for panasonic gd88 handphone happy.gif

i'll be really amazed if they wore hp1s in the movie. the director must be an audiophile for the HP1s were not exactly cheap at that time too.

the best headphones i've seen people wearing were sony d22. most of the rest wore street styles and weird protruding headphones.

Well, I'm not going to buy the movie just to prove it! Hehehe!

Streetstyles & 'protuding' h/p are seen more regularly.

Oh yeah, I saw on MTV's partyzone program last month a lady that looked like bjork (but isn't) wearing Senn HD25. Looks really cool.

On MC again today, can't seem to get myself to sleep so am resting & watching MTV right now. What do I see, Blue featuring Asian Artists - One love. Pro headphones overload. Among them were:

Beyer DT100

Sony 7506(V6)

Eggos 22 & 77

AKG K240

ATH W-100

& a few others that I couldn't make out the models from Sony, Beyer, etc.

Some really wierd sh*t being played during daytime MTV!

It's true I watched that Josey and the Pussycats movie, I am pretty sure there were HP1000. BTW that was such a stupid show...

I posted the photo elsewhere found it on Head-Fi they were either the HP-2 or HP-3 as no phase switches... ye of little faith!

Talking about MTV... Boynce Knowles! w00t.gif no HPs though, just 'pleather pads'!

i'll be really amazed if they wore hp1s in the movie. the director must be an audiophile for the HP1s were not exactly cheap at that time too.

Probably borrowed from the production crew. The HP1000's were originally intended for Studio use.. =)

DT150's, in the Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow video. wink.gif

I saw that on the recent VMAs as well. It really does suit rock music.

my 7506's in a Stacie Orrico (is that how its spelt?) documentary when she was recording... whistling.gif

dang... she looks good ... for a 17 yr old! wub.gif