Sign in to follow this  
duckling

The infamous Mr Moustache

And yes b4 I forget, a tip on getting good retail service anywhere is - always to address the service staff by their first name if you can, a real ego booster for most + will definitely and in my case get me the attention all the time. cool.gif

No Hey, helo miss/mr, "execute me" please:rolleyes:

Did anyone actually bother to find out the names of any of the service staff? sleep.gif

Edited by headphonecrazy

I have only one dealings with them, and it's rather pleasant. The person I dealt with was Adam Hung, pretty sure one of the Hung Bros. Call me back when stock has arrived, and gave me some idiscount the Klotz cable to go along with the Behringer mic preamp and mic. I actually ignore the moustache guy when he approached me, went straigt to the younger chap (Adam Hung)..

Or is it William hung???

Oh... now I geddit. rolleyes.gif

To be fair, the whole SIM LIM place is like that.

SIM LIM is great if you know what you are looking for, not so good if you are comparing products and not prices.

Well, I guess you people can guess where I got my underachieving Senn. 570s from rolleyes.gif

Also, they may well be on this forum too!

Good for them, at least they'll know what people think of them and their businesses. I don't have a problem with them, but thank god for forums.

SIM LIM is great if you know what you are looking for, not so good if you are comparing products and not prices.

biggrin.gif i hav to admit i'm like that also , there's just too many people going in and out of the shop for u to be nice to everyone, i hav to pick out who's the protential buyer & those who are just comparing stuff

I suppose. While I don't expect VIP treatment, some of underarm sales tactics are downright unethical, not to mention borderline illegal. I remember this one merchant showing me his "invoice" from Sony - which he conveniently keeps on the sales counter rolleyes.gif - just to convince me that he is only making a tiny profit on the model I was checking out. Lo and behold, at another store I was also shown yet another alleged "invoice" from Sony. Funny how their costs for the same camera don't match. innocent.gif

But... what can you do eh? Caveat Emptor as the saying goes.

Edited by Ticky

i got abused at SLS once... i was comparing prices on the mz-n1 (a whilee back) with my father... and since i knew the price in au and wanted to compare the prices between SLS and the estore (bluetin & team digital)... not only was the sales person rude, he also quoted the wrong price (w/out GST) when every1 is GST inclusive. i am not sure about the store but it was one where it sold auto audio

sim lim really has dat kinda culture, just be wary of their tricks.

if they quote some crazy price or show some phoney invoice, i'll just tell them straight "i'm here to find the lowest price. if u can offer it to me, i'll gladly get it from u. let's just lose the tricks, tell me yr lowest price pls." then i'll check out other stores n compare. they seriously look at how gullible u r, if they can jiak u, they will. if not, i believe they'd rather sell it at a decent/slightly below decent price than not make any sales at all. unless of cos u happen to piss them off, hehe. it's really stupid to engage in some lame bargaining when they already have a base price for the product. it's bordering on being hypocritical n it wastes both our time.

dat aside, i always talk to them in a polite but firm manner, so i dun appear aloof. mebe i'm not such a nice guy, cos i dun bother to remember their names n all, but if the salesperson is nice to me, i'm definitely nice back to them. works both ways rite? smile.gif

Hmm...what do you think of a guy who comes into a shop asking to demo an amp (he knows the model number even). Then when he is told that the shop only brings in the item on an order basis and the price is approx S$3600. He rasises his eyebrows and says wow that's so expensive.The salesman asks him what his budget is as there are other headphone amps in the S$600 price bracket, he refuses to inform what his budget range is. He then goes on to ask about an S$18,000 CD Transport! The salesman was polite, the customer came at lunchtime with his girlfirend with no0 demo cds or even his headphone. Serious buyer? Genuine buyer? Or just killing time?

Of course I'm not defending the nasty Sim Lim salesman, but there are nice folks at Sim Lim Square - like Alan Photo.

Off topic a little, what are the headphone amps selling in Singapore within the $600 price bracket?