Sign in to follow this  
kaiser

Recommend a headphone for listening MP3 on PC

Hi guys! I'm a newbie to headphones. I'm looking for a headphone to listen my MP3 on my PC. I'm using a onboard soundcard so I suppose I do not need a high end headphone (Budget: <$150). The music I usually listen to are pop, trance and electro. Please recommend. Thanks! headphone.gif

Edited by kaiser

Koss KSC-35 (less than $100 - can be bought new only thru koss.com) For some reason the local distributor stopped bringing this in.

Actually the Audio Technica ATH A-500 is quite a good buy. Is easily powered by my pcdp and should have no problem being powered by a soundcard. It looks chio too and sounds good!

But it will set u back by about $160. (10 bucks above your budget)

Edited by david watt

1) koss ksc-50 - $45 good bass if you don't mind clip-ons

2) sennheiser hd497 - $100 to $109 ( sennheisers come with 2 year warranty. )

3) grado sr-60 - about $120?

i've only tried 1). But the other 2 options are 'upgrades' I'm considering for myself. smile.gif

Grado sr-60.. or if you can just up alittle bit more.. grado sr-80 party.gifparty.gif

try to get 2nd hand deals on the grado sr-80 too if you wish.. save u alot of money. can be a portable phone(easily driven) and sounds very good!

Guest drumma

yeah.. grados! way to go.. i just got mine. starting to feel deep bass and abit punchier than before.. haha! it's quite comfortable. go and try..

Hey newbie look here.

I'd vote for AKG K66 ! I bought it cheap, and had promised cannot disclose the buy price ! ohmy.gif

The lower-end model K55 can be heard at the Esplanade library, which is already quite good...

Go to higher audiophile level... Get a Grado SR60.. have an audition at MBD at Adelphi..

Mod edit: Corrected MDB to MBD - Music By Design.

Edited by Mackie