jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

Huffy, if u read the first post, this is a proposal, its a kit still in development. Another thing to note is that this is gonna be sold in kit form, you have to build it yerself. If u wanna get a ready-made amp yer gonna have to approach one of our diy builders to build one for you.

Thanks for the tips tropicalrips! I have just ordered the samples as well  biggrin.gif

Need your advice how to solder them to a brown dog adapter  laugh.gif

i didn't use Browndog adaptors for the surface component smile.gif

i use a dip8 IC holder

user posted image

user posted image

updated pics

Edited by tropicalrips

Wow !!! w00t.gif Very neat !!!

Did you use your C8080 to shoot those pics? If yes, your C8080 super macro is really good yes.gif

Thanks for the tips! I will try it when the IC delivered.

Wow !!! w00t.gif Very neat !!!

Did you use your C8080 to shoot those pics? If yes, your C8080 super macro is really good yes.gif

Thanks for the tips! I will try it when the IC delivered.

biggrin.gif yes super macro shot with C8080, i actually shot further away then crop out the subject

the op-amp is actually "floating" above the IC holder cause the legs will shot each other if u solder them directly onto the holder, u'll need to build the "legs" on the IC holder first, good luck wink.gif

I've been to this forum for quite a while but i only registered recently cuz i'm interested in the portable amp.

have been wanting to own 1 but its juz too expensive to get dem frm overseas.

so do keep this thread updated ya?

xpander: We sure will and I hope U will not leave the forum after attaining the amp. Or else......smack, smack, smack hammer.giflol.gif

We appreciate your enthusiasm guys, however, please wait for either jasonhanjk or tropicalrips to make the appropriate announcement when the DIY kit is ready & made available to all. Do also bare in mind that they are doing this on their own free time, not on a full time basis and that they have lives outside of SGH.

If you cannot wait then please refer to the updated first post on the first page of this thread for the list of components for your to acquire & schematics for you to try building it yourself.

...the op-amp is actually "floating" above the IC holder cause the legs will shot each other if u solder them directly onto the holder, u'll need to build the "legs" on the IC holder first, good luck wink.gif

Thanks tropicalrips!

I just got those AD chips, wow, with TNT express, less than a week since ordering biggrin.gif Thanks a lot Analog Device !!!

It was the most difficult soldering, and after an hour I found the technique, and after another 1.5 hours, here they are, ready to make music headphone.gif

I haven't put them in the 8 pin socket. I plan to make another CMoy with those AD8620s, so I think I will solder them directly to the PCB. That should make it sounds better isn't it wink.gif While the AD8610 is for my coming PPA w00t.gif

For those who interested, I wrote how I did it here:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2476

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Make it August 31st, my country's national day. 3 months would be just nice, not too rush.

Ok, next week is national day (sg's) already, any progress of the Amp ? rolleyes.gif

I never tried A47, wonder how it sounds yes.gif