jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

Just completed creating the layout and schemactic of the volume pot library. Now thinking how to fit into the casing tropical pass to me. Have to redesign the whole layout again and this time a double sided design.

Someone buy the mints & I will volunteer eat them for you! user posted image

If any dental caries develops, not to worry. My wife is a dentist!

I am sure by now I have picked up some dental skills from her. I can DIY on your teeth with a drill!

Somehow, diy dentistry doesn't seem as fun to me. ppth.gifbiggrin.gif (btw, I'm a dentist too)

Its all about drilling and wires, and working in a confine space. Not much different from DIY, if you ask me.

In fact I think some of the DIYers here would have good enough dexerity to match some dental and orthopaedics surgeons I know (and seen).

Where do you practice?

Goodu, I've just "retired" my surgery and "resting" until I start work with someone else. You know lah, we all have to be careful about giving out info about where we work or someone may complain we are advertising without permission. wink.gif

Guys, let's resume the initial course of this thread.

Edited by Mackie

Guys, it is a great sadness to inform you that...

...I bought a wrong pot....

Well I want to make this PCB to be a very general type that can accept a wide range of component. Including able to be use in the US. So I search a few online stores in the states and found the pot that I have RK 14 is very uncommon. The general one is RK 12.

The funny thing is both Farnell and RS don't stock RK12. So after the PCB is launched, I will stock these pots.

In the mean time I will order some pots from the US for the final design. The launch date may delay but will let you guys know when the date is near.

The casing I got from Tropical is rather small, pocket size.

Here is the link: http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg8.htm

user posted image

user posted image

New update. The final design is finish. Here is the component layout, I remove the trace as it is very confusing. The total board layout measures less than 2" by 2" and it can fit into the casing above.

Another new features is I added an LED circuit on the upper right.

Will go SLT tomorrow for the PCB and wait 2 weeks for the new pot to arrive. tongue.gif

post-12-1092563194.gif

Wow... w00t.gif very well design and layout! Very neat indeed!

I will order one if it's ready wink.gif

Thanks for the effort and all the cost for the experiment happy.gif