tropicalrips

Digital Camera

biggrin.gif the people in SLS are quite "colorful" especially those dealing in cameras, i'll try to get more "victims" to pose for mug shots lol.gif

red_ryder, i think if i desaturated the mug shots, the background lights might not be as disstracting, they appear birght cause i used a large amperture to get enough light on the uncles face

some daylight shots at little india smile.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image

my home ground tongue.gif

user posted image

my take on the good camera bad photo...cheap camera good photo thingy...tongue.gif as long as you're enjoying what you're doing with the camera thats good enough for me, doesn't matter if the photo is good or bad, or if the camera is cheap or expensive. i treat it as more of a toy then a tool, its only when i hav fun with it will i get better at it

biggrin.gif the people in SLS are quite "colorful" especially those dealing in cameras

Quite true, as I've found out much to my dismay. Some of the worst customer service I've ever had the misfortune to receive. sleep.gif

Lovely colours of the veges.

What 'watermark' fonts did you use?

Lovely colours of the veges.

What 'watermark' fonts did you use?

thanks smile.gif

the fonts are "burn out" and "godzilla"

cool fonts

godzilla fonts

Edited by tropicalrips

Shot downstairs my apartment..it was very windy however, and this was the best shot I could manage.

post-4-1110803637.jpg

Edited by av98m

tropicalrips, I think the uncle photos you posted up there were great! Especially their facial expressions.

As a newbie, I got a question. For example the leftmost photo.

user posted image

The lighting on the uncle's face is correct, but I find the flourescent lighting on the upper left to be too bright and white. How do we correct this?

expose for the brightest part of the face so that it doesnt burn out and use fill-in flash so that the shadow area is lit.

Shot downstairs my apartment..it was very windy however, and this was the best shot I could manage.

Same flower wink.gif

user posted image

Same flower? Did you twist the petals to achieve the retro look for the 2nd pic? The 2nd pic really good. Much, much better than the 1st one.

I think Bram means the same type of flower.

bram, thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gifthumbup1.gifthumbup1.gifsmile.gif do u take potraits too? would like to see some of your people shots yes.gif

fantastic shot bram.. great composition ! yes.gif

Thanks guys!

I think Bram means the same type of flower.

Thanks for the clarification Heady! When I saw the flower pic by av98m, it made me recall of the pic of same type of flower I took long time ago in Botanical Garden. The curl of the petals is natural, some of them have curly petals.

Not meant for comparison though, just sharing fotos wink.gif

bram,  do u take potraits too? would like to see some of your people shots 

Oh yea... yes.gif I love portraits yes.gif But most of them are my friends or family faces, so I don't really feel good to post them wink.gif Maybe sometime we can go hunting for portraits in the city when I have 350D laugh.gif As I'm selling my EOS5 system, I still keep the EF 100mm f/2.0 for portraiture biggrin.gif

Short of running off to the botanical gardens, it is really hard to find a decent specimen(i.e. not limp and half dead) of this flower. Not my choice of background, but the ones I found with less distracting backgrounds were half withered.

Shot during lunch break:

user posted image