tropicalrips

Digital Camera

I love cats:

user posted image

The woman who fed the cats was quite hostile until I convinced her that I wasn't a reporter taking photos for the authorities. (I told her reporters use much nicer cameras, not my small point and shoot type. biggrin.gif )

user posted image

Edited by av98m

'Drain cat' is nice. Would have been interesting had you taken a closer shot of that row of shops with the colourful shutters.

more portraits :

user posted image user posted image

MRT series smile.gif

user posted image user posted image

"please stand..." rolleyes.gif

user posted image

the funny light/color in the last 2 pics...is that "ghosting" unsure.gif looks like i need a PL filter for the 50mm

Haha like the pic with the girls's back.....the arrow pointing down from the mrt points to your name...like telling people...mrt = tropicalrips tongue.gif

Short of running off to the botanical gardens, it is really hard to find a decent specimen(i.e. not limp and half dead) of this flower. Not my choice of background, but the ones I found with less distracting backgrounds were half withered.

True, timing and luck play part happy.gif We are not always lucky to find good object with simple background wink.gif

Haha like the pic with the girls's back.....the arrow pointing down from the mrt points to your name...like telling people...mrt = tropicalrips 

Aaahhhh one interesting picture from the MRT series tongue.gif

Just recentrly shot with Ixus-i, croped from the original size. Not so good though, couldn't get the catch light on the eye happy.gif

Cat's Eye

user posted image

user posted image

Hi Tropical, good timing! You got 'Please Stand' message and the standing guy in the right position and composition! Well done yes.gif

Flower pic with ixus-i. Ixus-i is really a good camera, I think because it has a fix lens, not zoom, so the result is comparable to my G2, with better color from the digic processor.

Croped and resized from the original full frame.

user posted image

Edited by bpribadi

The cats eye is an unbelievable picture!!! I love the details of the fur. wub.gif

That camera is really quite good with macro and the grain is quite pleasing too. Im really impressed with your skills Bram. Are those handheld or with a tripod?

Thanks Qoo! happy.gif Without tripod. I very2 seldom bring tripod/monopod... Most pic I post taken without tripod. All pics above taken when I was walk around with my son near my flat.

For me, I love:

small camera

Image stabilizer

Small camera is fun, It doesn't bother you when you bring it happy.gif IS help you to take sharp pic wink.gif

About small camera, I love my compact Olympus mju II (film), also fix lens and give very good result. But my son spoilt it recently no.gif

From my experience, if you really want high quality pic from small camera, find the one without zoom lens yes.gif

Edited by bpribadi

'find the one without zoom lens' .. good advice for us yes.gifyes.gif

'find the one without zoom lens' .. good advice for us yes.gifyes.gif

For you (D)SLR users, just get a prime lens.. LOL..

Prime lens = No zoom.

Prime lens + legs = Zoom.

LOL..

LOL lol.giflol.giflol.gif ....

true.. need more legwork with those primes hehe..

bram: however I do notice that for compact digital, there are very few with fixed lens.. hrm from canon there's sd10 sd20 and the A310 I think? Nikon and many other manufacturers have none. Maybe they know that the market prefer something with zoom as it's much more convenient? hrm

From my experience, if you really want high quality pic from small camera, find the one without zoom lens yes.gif

Yes, Bram, very true. I had a Yashica t4* with Carl Zeis lens. No zoom but the pics were as crisp as SLR. But now I don't use film, so it's gathering dust... dry.gif