Blues

ETY ER-4p impression

Hi, just got this from ablaze.

No problem in getting the fit. Still abit uncomfortable.. but I guess ok

SOund:

this thing has amazing soundstage in your head. Abit bright.. to me, and everything sound very flat. Bass is there,.. but doesn't have very much impact.

Ablaze, is this burned in?

hm.. well we shall see if I will like them in days ahead biggrin.gif

by the way I am running them off my computer.. ehhehe...

later will try with the cd player

as I said, it will get progressively more comfortable until you reach a point you dont' "feel" them, you will only HEAR them all around you. give it time smile.gif

you find the 4P bright? hmm..then you won't like the 4S and 4B mode

I don't know if the etys can be burned in, but even if they could, I think they got at most 2h of use in total, so you can try running them in for a while and see if there're any differences lor biggrin.gif

heheheh.. ok ok

wah cannot tahan sia.. just now listened to power station - chu le ai ni hai neng ai shui.. and nar jiu zher yang ba..

feel very uncomfortable liao.. I took it off.. then my ears feel like they can breathe again.. wah.. gotta try them again tomorrow, this time with the black foam laugh.gif

the sound quality is detailed, very clear and good.

with foam tips, like what rohit suggested, it was way better

I lied down on my bed, closed my eyes and listened to ronan keating - when you say nothing at all!! very nice!!!!

then sixpence none the richer - kiss me... wow.. these etys do not lack bass at all!! I can clearly feel the bass. Not just hear it.. like some people commented. Though they are nowhere near the dt770.. the bass is sufficient and proportional to the rest of the spectrum.

soundstage is inside the head but very nice and sometimes sound seems to be coming from outside!!

these things amazed me!!!

woa.. thanx ablaze.. this is v nice.. esp since my cousin is coming to stay in my room for the next few years(he's coming next mth). This will be a very good system for my bed!!!

it's so natural with no emphasis on certain spectrum.. if there is a weakness.. maybe I would say it's abit bright.. but I guess it's the nature of the phone.. since it's so analytical and detailed.

can even hear keating breathing... which is impossible on the other headphones I tested before.

ahh..I can see the Ety-love starting to develop wub.gif see, as I said, NOW you know why everyone is raving so much about these yeah.gif

one difference though, even in the 4B mode which is the brightest of the 3 modes, I didn't find them bright. hehe. I'm seriously thinking I'm deaf to higher frequencies liao sleep.gif

evil-zen should be joining you soon in the ety impressions.

woah.. good good.. come zen !!

lol...

now I am seriously thinking of selling my beyer.. since the etys has replaced its purpose liao...

-nicer sounding

-good bass

-damn solid isolation

-can lie on my bed now( beyers can't)

wow.. what else... laugh.gif

wow...Guyferd...thought you were just admiring at dt880 at about 9.45pm today (in another thread).....and now you want to sell dt770 for ER-4p ? ohmy.gifwink.gif

damn it. the etys 4s arrived this morning but nobody opened the door for the poor postman. have to collect it myself tomorrow.

guyferd, those beyer 770 were brain washing you to think that etys were bright. maybe not bright just detailed. what i think is the longer you listen to a type of sound, the more you think it is the correct type. just give ur etys more time.

i'll be joining you with the sound discussion tomorrow hopefully. kicking.gif

There's hope for Guyferd after all!

Agreed evil-zen, the ety's are not bright at all (at least on my 4S & the way I hear it, compared with the RS-1). If you are using your CDP try the 4S setting to see whether there is any marked improvement in the sound. Don't sell your Beyers yet you might need it for your techno! headphone.gif Although if you offer them cheap to me... innocent.gif

You know, it only hurts the 1st time you do it! Hehehehe, sound's familiar?

It only becomes naughty when another person thinks the same way, meaning that other person is naughty as well! tongue.gif The pain will go away the more you use it... & I was referring to the etys!

Guy, let it run in some more if it has not got the 'mileage' yet. But based on your description the sound seems to have 'blossomed' out already. Try a CD with a good live recording. I love hearing all the little nuances that are captured in it.