Blues

ETY ER-4p impression

heh maybe I will keep my beyer just in case I need them for rock laugh.gif

See, if I blagged it off you already you will have Bass withdrawal symptoms. Then you'll really need 2 REL subs on for each armpit! lol.gif Shake baby shake!

wooh. got my etys 4s already.

initial observation, all the frequency are there and they don't jump out at you. the 4s version are not as inefficent as i thought. I'm listening on vol 3.5 on my technics pcdp and with normal earbuds like sony 888, the vol will be about 2.5-3. not too bad after all! or maybe i listen at far lower volumes than many people. etys 4s can't compare to my current gulping AKG 501 which needs around 7-8 to sound the same volume.

Seal and comfort: having used earplugs under ear and life threatening situations, i think i have mastered the art of earplugs insertion sometime back. therefore i 'think' i got the seal right. cant imagine how is it possible for them to go any better. As for isolation, probably better than many commercial earplugs and foam. i can't hear myself typing when the music is playing but can when it stops. it is hurting a bit after 30 mins but hey it's my first time after all! hehehe. microphonics are not as bad as i thought too.

SOUND: as i said earlier, these etys doesn't have sound that jumps at you, they sound balanced. listening to massive attack's inertia creeps, those drum beats in the beginning is superbly controlled and textured. imaging is good too. different instruments are defined and have their own space. when i say they have their own space, they HAVE THEIR OWN SPACE!! but of course they can't have soundstage like AKG 501. as what naz said, they don't sound bright but instead detailed. you'll probably have eargasms listening to classical with 101 instruments in their own area.

i'm keeping these. thank you etymotics.

One more convert! Eargasm what a word but it best describes that unexplainable feeling.

I do find that the 4S are not that inefficient, I guess it depends on the player. On my Sony pocket radio it only needs +4 where as the eggos about +3.

Looks like I'm gonna dig out my Massive Attack CD for tonight...

Evil do you have any Cheiftain CDs? Listen to the hand drum (like the one the Coors uses, not sure what it's called) & harps, lovely decay to the transients.

nope n@z i don't have them. but i'll check them out.

returning to etys, my ears now can now breath again having taken them out. guess i need to get used to the feeling of earplugs in my ears for several hours.

Just so you know it's bluegrass & celtic music/songs. The Nashville Sessions & The wide World Over (40 year celebration) is a good sampler.

cool.gif

u guys describe how the ety sound so good until i'm "itchying" to get one

haha

but the cost...... whistling.gif

hehe

ablaze,

etys are the first headphone to sound real nice without any amp. i have those akg but they need an amp to drive them well. i haven't receive my amp yet so maybe i'll display the AKG sign next. donno how come the etys avatar turn out like that. i wanted a black ER with transparent background.

n@z, alright i'll try to download it. but i think it would be quite difficult cause they should be pretty rare.

sipher:

don't worry.. you can always save up for it. laugh.gif

The etys sound fantastic.. save it for the microphonic.. they're seriously quite irritating .lol..

I am using foam tips.. which one r u using zen?

I find foam tips more comfortable and has better bass.

hohoh.. now gonna study first.. tonight shall listen to the baby again.. but oh my god.. look at what u've done blaze... a big hole in my pocket tongue.gif

4p is not bright, the high is very smooth and detailed.

I heard a lot saying that ety phones are slowly fall in love phones serenade.gif

yeah.. I guess it's because it's very detailed that makes it as seems it's a bit bright.. but apparently not. Probably also because I have been so accustomed to dt770, abit dark in nature, that makes the sound switch v noticeable.

i'm using those white flanged tips. faster to insert. foam one like troublesome leh. anyway, the foam tips, where is the smooth side supposed to me? into the ear or pointing out?

i test out both just now. like same to me leh? so i went back to flange cause i insert them faster.

I don't like the foam tips, they don't seal very well in my ear canal. The Flanged ones seals straight away in one go & stay on.

Sipher, there's only one way for you to be sure, audition one then you decide whether they are worth the cost. wink.gif