Blues

ETY ER-4p impression

etys are great.Sound quality is v detailed with no colouration.

But I guess they're not really meant for me. I don't want to lie down all the time like a retard on my bed.. I need to move around at times and etys are quite bad at that. Either the phones get loose or the seal is broken.. sad2.gif

heheh.. oakley.. guess what's next on my list? kekee... w00t.gif

come on come on.. everyone give it a guess

btw, oak, why don't you give the etys a try ? hehe.. get from me lah tongue.gif

I think you're just not sticking the etys in deep enough, hence, they're so loose they fall out so easily. normally, you should be able to walk around, talk (I mentioned, I tried EATING with the etys on before, didn't I?) etc etc, without breaking the seal.

but I scared to stick in too deep leh.. later my ear drum hurts.. unsure.gif

I find the rubber tips seal better.. as in doesn't fall down easily.. perhaps coz the day 1 I put it quite deep in.

With the foam tips, I am more careful.

guyferd i suggest you try out the etys for a longer period. sticking things into your ear isn't easy. take more time to practice.

seals using foam should be better than rubber wat! they expand when moved unlike the rubber tips.

hm. okay maybe later I practise some more( darn.. even headphones take practice ehh tongue.gif) lol.gif

What a frighteningly short honeymoon!

I mentioned about reducing the microphonics is another thread so I won't repeat it here again.

Concerning breaking the seal while moving around, if it breaks easily then that means you don't have a proper seal yet. Although admittely I don't use it like you do as much hence why I prefer my full sized headphones for that. I also have a tendency to have multiple phones for different applications unlike yourself so I hardly encounter these problems. I don't eat, make facial gestures etc... just tap my feet or fingers in tune while being absorbed with the music.

Obviously, the 4S sounds very good amped. The details are clearer, better bass extension, better seperation and sweeter highs. Bare in mind it depends on what you're using so you may get different results in varying degrees. Since I use it mostly on my PCDP that's how I hear it.

For the several months I have used them (at night before going to bed) I've had not detrimental effects to my ear canals. Again I don't use them for long period of time like you guys. Hmm... seems like a pattern here, maybe you need I set of etys & I set of you other favourite headphones. It's certainly not for everyone but I think if you use it the way I do you will be very satisfied.

I tend to agree with naz, usually it's best to own at least 2 headphones. As one cannot fit in all criteria.

I've tried the er-4s with the creek today. I thought if it can amaze me, maybe I will continue to keep it.

the voice seemed very sibilant to me.. couldn't stand it.

I was listening to andy lau live in concert '99

Even the er-4p is better out of the cd player, without any 4s change and the amp.

This baby is really going.. smoke.gif

Must be one of those days which I also have but in this case with the RS-1s but never on the 4S.

Once your mind has been set it'll be pretty hard to convince otherwise but I hope your not judging it by one CD alone on the Creek. Use the same CD you listened directly out of the CD player.

true.. I couldn't believe it..

the ety er-4p is actually nicer amped or even out of the cd alone, without any adapter.

the 4s makes voice sounds very sibilant and the soundstage is a bit further(?) , strange experience. Once I put them on, I found something wasn't right already.

hm....

nice and short honeymoon... cool.gif

Strange, sounds more like how a 4B is described rather than 4S.

hm.. I do find it strange too

anyway, they're going really soon..

bye2 etys.. rolleyes.gif

have you thought that the etys 4s/b might not be implemented correctly? maybe you would like to come to my house to try out my etys together with the cd1700 your friend is interested in?

Guyferd, let me guess, you're going for 2 REL subwoofers ... biggrin.gif

No lah, joking only but based on my gut feeling alone, your next target could be a Audio Technica, W1000? Heard from ting that the bass is rather good and you might be getting a Corda HA-1 from Rameish ... how's my guess, did I get anything right? kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif