Blues

ETY ER-4p impression

I couldn't believe it..

last night I was listening with the etys, then just quickly switched to my dt770 pro..

WT*.. the bass wass so overwhelming. fun yes.. but a bit too much..

sighz.. I can't believe how I used to enjoy it.

the etys are evil... very evil (sob.. sob) poor beyer... no.gif ..

There, there guy.....

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

lol.. seriously I now understand what the fuss is about the etys..

with the right fit, they can bring you to sonic nirvana

now.. I need to think of how to reduce the microphonic. Any idea naz? kinda disturbed to hear "dug dug" when I was only moving slightly.

If only ety can produce the stock cable with zero microphonic, it will be a perfect phone!

oh yea naz.. I notice that you use etys with portable

do you use them for your home setup?

Yes I do, it was discussed earlier here: http://www.cryophilia.com/sgheadphones/ind...ct=ST&f=2&t=201

I also understand Etymotic are developing less microphonic cables but it involves you sending in your beloveds to them to have the cables replaced.

Oddly enough, I don't use it on my home setup much, probably because I need to move around alot. Obviously the resolution is higher with the CPD + DAC but since this is located in my makeshift office I don't need the isolation as much. The etys get used primarily at my bed side to lull me to sleep without disturbing the other half. It does an impressive job at that.

hmmm i think i have mastered the art of insertion. used to hurt quite badly in the right ear.

ablaze, why do you prefer the cd3000 over the etys? i find that etys do very well in control of bass and imaging + separation which i like very much.

Art of insertion... I do the 90 degree twisting motion as I insert it (sounds risque I know!).

naz, how is the sound of er-4p/s amped?

if the improvement is subtle, I have this idea of partnering my laptop back to the beyer, and the ety stays with the cd player.. lol..

i find that my left and right ear is shaped differently with different technique of insertion. i'm wondering if long term use of etys will harm the ear canal? like change the shape or become loose? weird but i have to ask.

and does the ety 4s improve with a head amp?

hmmm i think i have mastered the art of insertion. used to hurt quite badly in the right ear.

ablaze, why do you prefer the cd3000 over the etys? i find that etys do very well in control of bass and imaging + separation which i like very much.

I do agree that the etys image very well, small soundstage, but more precise than anything I've heard.

but why I chose the Sonys?

its got a "bigger" sound..hard to describe

and I think the Sonys have greater treble extension than even the Ety 4Bs, or perhaps they're just brighter, donno..but I like it yes.gif

other reasons: visceral bass..less troublesome to put on, less fragile..

of course, I really do think a lot of times the Etys are great to listen to. just that if I had to keep only one pair of headphones (and thats what I want to do) I'd pick the Sonys.

oh yes, another issue I have is not with the cable microphonics, but "body microphonics" (don't know whats the proper term for it) ie. all the internal noises you can hear if you block all external noise out eg. your teeth grinding, your own breathing etc..makes it impossible for me to do certain stuff like eating whilst enjoying a movie or something with headphones on.

yea i find that you can't talk or smile if u are wearing them, the seal breaks.

one good point is that etys are not hot after extended wearing in non-aircon area, esp during these excruciating hot months. i've been listening more to speakers recently until getting them. btw, they really suck you into the music. it took me 1/2 hour to read a paragraph of a book cause i'm too absorbed in the music to pay attention.

maybe the cd3000 sounds more exciting for you. so am i right to say that your preference after the sonys will be etys?

Edited by evil-zen

have to agree.. you can't really move around too much.. the seal is easily broken.

but when you put them on and lie on your bed, it's quite nice.

Have been following this thread with great interest, only to see Guyferd selling the Etys 40 mins back ... *sigh* , N@Z, you just lost one devotee ... Guyferd, what's next on your adventure list?