Blues

ETY ER-4p impression

u got it 50 percent right

I am going for HA-1 , hence my creek is going.

But u got it wrong for the headphone !! muahaha.. try harder!! come on.. . quic quick give it a guess.. this is getting fun!! laugh.gif

now it's not ablaze, but my turn to get 'upgradeitis fever'

dt880 actually goes very deep and tight. Just that it isn't as lingering and slamming as dt770pro. One thing I like is that the soundstage is very large and the instruments sound very realistic on this beyer!

This is one of my candidate...heh heh heh.. surprised oakley ? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

the other would be the grado sr-225 or 325. Perhaps I would try the w1000 some day too.. I recalled how much I liked w100 back then(last yr?)

Oh my Guyferd. That was a very brief escapade with the Etys and I hope your next pair of cans will last longer than a trip around the world (more than 80 days I hope). biggrin.gif

Lol!!! mackie..

yeah.. I hope the next one will stay much longer.

the dt770 actually stays quite long.. 9 months? hm..I think I am spoiled by many hi end phones.. come to think of it, my life would have been better without head-fi and sgheadphone..

but .. sighz. this is fate call.gif

I was going to guess Grado just now but you posted it earlier. Great then, you will be able to audition it together with the HA-1 from rameish. Not to put you in a dilemma, have a listen to the RS-1 with the HA-2 or PreHead for me wink.gif

lol... blaze... what about hp-1 or rs-1 w00t.gif

lol... naz, not that I don't want to audition em for u, but it will kinda spoil me more if I know there's something better than what I'm gonna have

I will come back home feeling abit remorseful about my purchase. It isn't gonna be good.. and might lure me for the next upgradeitis.. lol.

of course I will be glad if I can help.. but I don't think my opinions are worth it also hehee.. coz I am Guy "the infamous bass-head"Ferd lol.giflol.gif

I think rameish should give you a better write ups of how it sounds like

keekekekke

have a nice day!

nah..those don't give me a radically-different-enough sound to justify an upgrade for me. need something like Stax, K1000s or R10s or something. of course, I can't afford any of those now rolleyes.gif

lol!!!

I think what you need is amp and source. the latter I understand to you makes no difference, but a $1000 turntables or cd/sacd player will definately outperform whatever soundcards.

I still do listen to my digital format audio files off my comp with koss-ksc35. But for serious night time, before bed listening, I would go for the cd players. Soundcards no fight one biggrin.gif

You can't change my mind about sources Guyferd. others have tried biggrin.gif

for me, no way am I going to sacrifice the convenience of being able to use headphones with everything, be it music, movies, TV, or the latest downloaded episode of 'Friends' or something. No way will I sacrifice the convenience of having a remote control to skip tracks, adjust volume, etc, from the comfort of my bed. NO way whistling.gif

ahhahaa.. it's so hard to change you ah..

frankly speaking I do everything just like you, except watching tvs, I don't have the tv cards.

but I download j-doramas, some latest movies, and listen to mp3s while surfing.

That was last time when I hook the creek and beyer to my lappy.I was a happy man.

But I realised no matter how good the headphone is, when hooked up to my lousy source, it will still underperform. mp3s sound good, no argument abt that. But when you compare them to cheaper headphones, you will realise that the difference is very subtle. I know you have them ripped in wav,but still it has some 'internal noise'.

Before I had the creek and beyer, I almost forked out 1300 dollars for w2002 to be hooked to my pc. Lol...how frivolous could I be..

I know I am in no position to give you an advice, but, coming from someone with similar background, I will recommend you to get a real source. You can still hook up your cd3k to the compie. But for serious listening, get a good source, well matching amp, and a r-10, staxes or akg-k1000

otherwise you will be under-utilising those phones. You will never be able to enjoy them to the fullest and those extra money forked for them would just go in the drain.

Hope I don't sound like a bugger kicking.gif

I'll just say one thing: an M-audio Revo does not sound the same as a laptop. wink.gif

okok. to each his own ok holiday.gif

lol, ok fine. I guess I am making fun of myself here. Then I won't use my laptop soundcard to compare rolleyes.gif

I've heard the audigy. They're good but still doesn't have the resolution and depth compared to my marantz. At the first listen you can tell already. When I went to mackie's place, the cd sounds more sterile and much cleaner with no hiss whatsoever.sound is more realistic/has more depth too. Then again you can always say revo is better than audigy, lol... w00t.gif

I personally think it's abit overkill if you spend like say 1-2 k on headphone and a cheaper than 500 on source. it should balance out, perhaps 1-2 k source too, or more. The reason I say this is because I find it quite funny to see you aiming for v hi end cans and not doing something with the source. Hope I am not offending you

"our aim is to make you join the 'dark side' hihihih(evil laugh) " hammer.gif

Guy, the reason I asked you is so you could give you opinion, no matter how inconsequential it may seem I value you opinion as you seem to have a fairly varied musical taste & at times similar to mine as well. It's all well & good for the more eloquent writers (Not that I don't appreciat it, I DO!) but if their music I never listen to then it might be misleading & a bit of a hit or miss sort of thing.

Once you've heard the best you won't want the rest, I agree!

Concerning the above argument, ablaze prefers ultimate convenience over outright sound quality (I'm not saying the soundcards are not high fidelity neither am I saying they are as I've never heard any other than my own 'ehem' crappy SoundBlaster Live). I sort of agree with him on loseless format but not while utilising the soundcards own amplification. Ideally if I had to go his route I'd utilised an external DAC & headamp i.e. using the source as the transport medium only. It still doesn't give the conveninece ablaze requires but my criteria is not the same as his which is outright sound quality. Frankly speaking though, if there is such an audiophile product that can be crammed into a 15" Powerbook G4 with the convenience ablaze requires & the sound quality I require, I'm in! All I need is a set of headphones & Bob's your uncle! No more multiple set ups forever.