headphonecrazy

Next Sg Meet?

How about after Xmas? I should be able to take some leave by then.

I already offered to do the running legwork. I will be free after tomorrow when i finish my last paper.

Q00 !! now is all yours to do it man !! but better check how many people are attending the meet !and also when is the prefer date !! HeHEE .. w00t.gif

Hope i am able to make it !! cos the last meet i was unable to attend ! cool.gifhappy.gif

What Tomolo your last paper !! Arr so good !! laugh.gif

Take CAre! headphone.gif

Correct. Like previously, we should have a show of hands of the people interested to go, their preferred dates & suggestions for venue. I will edit HPC's 1st post indicating the updated information.

Personally I should be free to make my trip between 25th December 2004 until 21st January 2005.

Venue, if the SPGG is out of the question, how about we try organising it at a hotel's conference room (or equivalent) this time. Nothing fancy or expensive (like previously the cost can be spread by the attendance. The more people attending the cheaper it will be) as long as it is centrally located (easy access for everyone) can cater for the numbers attending (only firm attendance & not walk in), cater for our equipment placement (all that lovely expensive gear & DIY jobbies need a place to sit), adequate power points (self explanitory) & secure (should we leave the premises during lunchtime).

hmm N@Z .. i think if possible, first find a location and place, then ask for the cost for a day then you all make the caculation at least how many people need to attend in order to have a fair split of money !! or at least a minmum people .. if that targeted amount of people dose not match up, it is up to you guys to decided to hold the meet and split the money among yourself happy.gifhappy.gif

Well just some suggestion! laugh.gif

money is very important ! w00t.gif

I tend to think the other way round. Find out initially if there is enough people willing to meet up. Considering it's the people's gear we want to listen to (no matter how insignificant it may seem) & not completely rely on HPC to provide the goods. Little point to go to the trouble of organising the place only to find that not many can/will join & there is not enough gear to listen to. As at the moment only myself has shown committment. However once Q00 is free, a good start might be to ask him to recce a few possible venues for us to consider. Some suggestions from experienced members will be of valuable help too.

Indeed money is important, the cost has to be borne somewhere, you can't expect something for nothing or from very little. We all have to contribute either financially or voluntarily like Q00 has offered. Having said that I do hope that this proposed meet will finally materialise as it is a good opportunity for all of us to come together again, share, learn from one another & put faces to the names expecially those we have not met.

Why don't we start with tentative date. Since N@z has to travel to Sg, why don't you put the tentative date, we in Sg should be easier to arrange our time.

Money is important, but too expensive will be a problem to those with limited budget but very eager to attend. So we need to see how much is the reasonable cost for the meeting. I suggest the cost would be between SGD 10 to 20. What do you think?

headphone.gif

Well then i feel that it is time to start another thread and see how the response of the people interest coming to the meet !! laugh.gif

for location you all can discuess later as if we how many people are attending then just get a space JUST NICE to fit all of us. kicking.gif

OF cos a poll !! for people to choose !! or else you will see many many different dates !! lol.giflol.gif

the mods well start this thread !! .. as they held THE POWER here ! w00t.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

I propose one of the days between after christmas. The xmas season should also make it cheaper i think for N@Z to make his trip here should there be discounts. Anybody have ideas for places to hold the meet? Im done with my papers laugh.gif

Hmm I can check out the meeting rooms in NUS if you guys don't mind, I'm not sure if they allow me to book the rooms for external usage, but I'll try....but might have to wait awhile, cos school is killing me slowly now wacko.gif. The room size would be almost the same as the one at SP last year, with a long table in the middle of the room, but power plugs might be an issue - might have to bring our own. Will recee and report back smoke.gif