wil

Mini DAP, Portable set-ups Meet

The date for the meet has been pushed back to the 26th(sat) Mar due to organiser Wil's overseas consignment. sleep.gifbiggrin.gif

We are looking at the possibility of renting classroom spaces at community centres for the meetup.

Anyone who's had experience with renting at CCs pls input some details?

Guys! will it be possible to hold it on the 26th instead?

Ill be away for the upcoming weekend......will like to hear from u guys soon... mellow.gif

I've checked with Bishan Community centre. They are offering $30/hr for a classroom complete with electrical sockets/tables and chairs.

What do you guys think?

Count me in!!! biggrin.gif

Should be ok with me since I'll be visiting Tropical at SLS on the Saturday. I'll bring a goody along... naughty.gif

So far these are the people interested. Is $30 for an hour of classroom space enough for the meetup?

$60 sounds expensive so I figure after the first hour, we can go chill out at the DOME cafe just outside the classroom. Experienced guys, what ya think? Wil, some input?

1. Wil

2. idkfa - iRiver H340, PocketAmp V2, Shure E5c, Etymotics ER4P/S

3. Mairltk

4. annapurna

5. nakedtoes

6. blues (tentatively) - Portable CD player

7. N3w_Typ3 (tentatively)

8. jasonhanjk - mysterious goody

If there's no objections, shall we confirm the venue at Bishan Community Centre?

Now for the time. What timing is good? Afternoon at 3pm?

hi, we are renting the room? means each person needs to pay abt $5? 1 hr like not enough ler... setting up alone will take a while right?

i'm suddenly not sure if i'm free on that day..something came up.. sad2.gif

I am not sure if there is much setting ups to do? Unless some are bringing along their headphone amps? 26th(sat) is confirmed at 3pm then. Unless a whole bunch of ppl can't make that timing.

Would you guys mind paying a couple of dollars for renting the classroom? Now that we've got 8~9 persons involved, how about $3+ per person for the rental of the room?

Since I'm not inexperienced with handling an audio meet, can anyone advice on the programs or activities that can be carried out? Or it's just mass hysteria? Someone senior kindly advice?

I have one idea:

Everyone bring along their favourite digital/analogue audio track/s or the "perfect" song/s worthy of an audiophile meet and we take a good listen? The "power" song/s you would die to tryout your new headphones with. I'm sure listening to other ppl's favourite tracks is kinda interesting. Maybe we can even compile a "SGHeadphones Choice Audiophile album" or something? Neat eh. holiday.gif

What say?

beer.gif

who's in now:

1. Wil

2. idkfa - iRiver H340, PocketAmp V2, Shure E5c, Etymotics ER4P/S

3. Mairltk

4. annapurna

5. nakedtoes

6. blues (tentatively) - Portable CD player

7. N3w_Typ3 (tentatively)

8. jasonhanjk - mysterious goody

9. fongalv

Edited by idkfa

as for activities, i cant think of anything other than self intro...lol...

maybe can talk abt how such a "hobby"started? fav music? etc...

haha since the earphones listed above are all canal phones, il bring along several packs of alcohol swabs just for hygienes sake...

hahaha....sounds like a focus group or therapy session! lol.

Actually I have gotten ready my antiseptic alcohols and tissues...Luckily there is a toilet nearby. Can wash. Much cleaner.

Our beloved local forum needs a little juice in maintaining the site. http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=3265

I'm sure a dollar or two is no sweat to you guys but perhaps the paypal/credit card thing can be a little tricky. If it's okay with you guys, those who can make a little donation can perhaps pass me the money, I pool it together, and then make a credit to SGHeadphones with your names. Of couse it's not compulsory but for those who can, anything is better than nothing. Let's keep this site up and running good holiday.gif

Guys, I have a suggestion. If the number of people remain small, one of you could just volunteer his house as the venue. Saves money and hassle. Nicer environment too. happy.gif