wil

Mini DAP, Portable set-ups Meet

Anybody with suspiciously looking audio actually will do. LOL. Somehow it'll work out. Just chill, relax and lotsa fun today then! See ya guys.

Just finish the meet. Only 6 of us are there.

Wil, idkfa, annapurna, N3w_Typ3, jasonhanjk.

Due to my bad memory, one of them came... Who is it?

fongalv or Mairltk?

We bought quite lot of stuff but my main purpose is to test out a few amp with my Sony in ear EX-51. Music tested is only based on vocal.

1. XIN Super mini Amp V4 from Annapurna.

This my prefered amp among the meet, overall music is neutral. Bass is not to overpowering which is good for vocal.

2. Pocket amp V2 from idkfa.

This baby have the strongest bass among all. Rock fan, you'll like it.

3. Cmoy 2 by jasonhanjk.

The bass is good, sometimes I find it too tight to my liking.

4. A47 from by (I forgot who issit. tongue.gif )

I only had a short listening, sound similiar to the Cmoy 2. Can't say much though...

At the end, the meet is wonderful. We began to part as the sun set...

Fongalv came.

And we didn't "bought" but "brought" Lol. I don't have that much money to get everything! biggrin.gif

Was a good meetup. Nice to see the faces behind the nicks! happy.gif

just wanted to say thanks to those you who donated. you have a lil * next to your names now wink.gif cheers!

jason, n3w_typ3 didn't go, its me! mellow.gif

I personally found the iRiver headphones out v clean. Especially towards the lower frequency regions, it's fast and well controlled. But the price..... wacko.gif

Tried the etys again, this time the Er-4P with an 'S' converter + the new braided cable. Arghh, it makes me go itchy all over to mention it once more. I quite liked the D777->Xinfeed ampless->ER-4s combo.

But I should really be contented with my D777-> KSC-35 combo considering the price I paid. Any upgrade would either mean an iRiver or an Etys. Either way, my wallet disagrees, so bleah! yucky.gif

Oh yes sadly we didn't get to try the e5c. And I got to try the e3c again, this time with the triple flange sleeve. The sound was tonnes better than the muddy e3c I heard during the official sgh meet, most probably due to the triple flange sleeve (the sleeve used during the meet is soft flex) rather than burn-in. Bass doesn't go deep, a bit muddy still at the bottom end, but the muddiness is very slight compared to the soft flex one I tried previously during the official sgh meet.

I also tried the PXC250 from Wil. The noise cancellation did work wonders, but the sound wasn't good enough to justify its price. If only it sold for about 3/4 its original price or less...

annapurna brought his EW9. Unfortunately its usage was less than 20 hours and the sound wasn't there yet.

I guess that covers about all, except for the portable amps which jasonhanjk has already covered on.

Edited by lekguan

Uh... fongalv, I think u misread. I said your triple flange one is much better than the soft flex one i tried during the official sgheadphones meet. Hence all e3c users should learn from fongalv and use the triple flange instead! wink.gif