wil

Mini DAP, Portable set-ups Meet

Hi all,

IDKFA will be dropping by Singapore very soon and both of us have sugguested a mini

meet-up for portable setups.

Currently, there are only two of us, but im sure others will be interested in getting together to share and listen to our equipment ( I have a zen touch, A47 amp, D66SL and Audio Technica ES5s )

What about u IDKFA?

I guess the purpose of this meet is just to meet up and share our equipment and try out new stuff. And perhaps to see the faces behind the names too! ha. Oh yeah, and since me and IDKFA are relatively new ( ok im not but im blissfully ignorant = ) perhaps this will be a chance to pass on info?

Tentatively, the date is set on 19th March 05 ( Sat. ) Place is not set yet ( any kind soul with a large house? ha)

Hope to make this a success! See u there!

Thanks Wil for starting this thread.

I will be bringing along with me, iRiver H340, Pocket Amp 2, Shure E5c, Etymotics ER-4S, Grado SR80 and a bad english accent. party.gif

I hope this meet can be useful to others, including me, who knows nothing about audio and stuffs.

Anyone with ideas on an appropriate VENUE, kindly suggest please.

Best rgds,

Edited by idkfa

Sounds interesting... would be my first headfi meeting ever. Someone tell me when things are concrete. (Pls have the attendence number higher..3's a crowd but still..)

Oh yea...i don't really have anynthing to contribute. i'm poor and own only a lousy sony cdplayer from a coupla years back. i do have a sony d-15 (bought from a flea market) BUT its missing one small plastic gear i have NO luck finding..somebody help me with this...! i can play cds on it but i gotta manually adjust the laser's position....a REAL pain.

Edited by mairltk

Please do not say that. It's not accurate to measure wealth by equipment. As far as I can say for myself, I just happen to invest a part of my hard earnings into something that can help me to get back into life.(relax) Nobody's too poor for anything.

Never feel that you have nothing to contribute. We appreciate comments and feedbacks. That's why we have meetups don't we?

As for your CDP...adjusting the laser's position? Boy, that is one helluva deck you have there!

Please come to the meet!

Yep! heck, doesnt matter if u dont bring anything!

Just come together to share what we know, to meet up and talk about our hobby , and basically just have fun!

biggrin.gif

Maybe it'll be fun to do some digital audio blind testings? 128kbps Vs 196kbps Vs 256kbps Vs ogg etc. Getting those digital myths settled and all... Cable tests also interesting eh? ipods Vs rest of the world?...bla bla bla... biggrin.gif

Comon' people! Join Join! Thos with PCDP also join! Bring whatever or nothing!

Interested attendees and items to be brought:

1. Wil

2. idkfa - iRiver H340, PocketAmp V2, Shure E5c, Etymotics ER4P/S

3. Mairltk

4. annapurna

5. nakedtoes

6. blues (tentatively)

Edited by idkfa

I might be able to make it ... will confirm nearer to the date. Also where will it be held biggrin.gif

don't mind me if I just bring my lowly and cheapo pcdp blush.gif

Hey Blues. If you are going down then it'll be great.. maybe you can bring along your pcdps and let me have a little audit before I make my decision... smile.gif

Edited by mairltk

Can we have some suggestions on a possible venue?

Tentatively we have the following members interested:

(those going can I have the list of items you'll be bringing along?)

1. Wil

3. Mairltk

4. annapurna

5. nakedtoes

6. blues (tentatively) - Portable CD player

i will POP by if i am free lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a classroom in community centres? Perhaps we can rent a room for an hour or so?

1. Wil

3. Mairltk

4. annapurna

5. nakedtoes

6. blues (tentatively) - Portable CD player

7. N3w_Typ3 (tentatively)