Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

Girl Head-fier?

Just extremely curious. Is there such thing as a "Girl Head-fier?"

Or is it only men who are nuts about sound?

Cos I've never seen a girl in singapore spotting headphones.

biggrin.gif

High end music are not to most girl liking. They prefer more on pop, sorts of thing.

I got a mouse pad that cost more than $50, a girl will normally say siao.

Then again you can ask them how much dress do they have in their closset. laugh.gif

I think there is at least one female headfier in this forum smile.gif

Considering the ratio of 1:1299, it's indeed a rarity.

And idea who that elusive person might be? biggrin.gif

Does it really matter?

It doesn't really matter. Just curious lah. Cos I don't think this should be only a boy's game. It's like being a male nurse kinda thing. biggrin.gif Sometimes it's also interesting to see a girl's take on things. tongue.gif

More than one AFAIK. And more on Head-fi too. But I don't see why gender should be an issue. There are always people who like different things, even within a stereotyped group.

I thought this should be an interesting thread. That is why it's in the lounge section biggrin.gif

Gender issue? No Way!! I love to see girls with cans btw. LOL.

Just that when I ask my 10 girlfriends about audio, 10 of them voice "no" to audio interest. But when I talk to 10 guys about it, 11 turned up listening. Fascinating. holiday.gif

idkfa,

Gender issues like this are potential powder kegs (i believe it is not your intent to stir up trouble but we libe in politically correct times - well most of the time anyway.) There are quiet a few women who are into music (and not just pop as jasonhanjk suggests - which btw is also incorrect).

Jasonhanjk,

I suggest you go to an SSO concert and count the number of female musicians and patrons. You'll be surprised at the number of females there.

Peace Okay?

idkfa=peace

Actually i want to get some opinions on how I can get my girl friends to take some interest in audio appreciation. I hang out with lots of girls and everytime I tell them about how "good" this or that earphone is, all I get is looks of "confusion" and "sian". Actually a lot of my girl friends do like jazz and bossa, which i thought the introduction of "higher" quality equipment can do them some good. But usually is a sad "no-interest" look. All I wanted was to start an interesting discussion but usually ended up in failure no.gif

Someone teach me?

I got a mouse pad that cost more than $50, a girl will normally say siao.

Then again you can ask them how much dress do they have in their closset. laugh.gif

I have to agree with them on this one, but it gives you an idea why I am particularly broke as I'm quite on both sides of the divide in spending. LOL.

And Rameish, I hope your "very politically-correct" message wasn't aimed at pacifying the girls! laugh.gif Just joking lah, you're quite right on all counts. And you make a reasonable "equality of the sexes" proponent. Just joking there, again. tongue.gif

I'm cool with such discussions, but it just shows how narrow-minded guys can be. On the contrary, girls gladly embrace metrosexual males who share their hobbies. Nah I am not going to stir a hornet's nest, let's just leave my comments as that - "un-serious" rants.

Last week I stuffed my etys, shures, beyers, and sonys into my sister's ear and all she gave me was a weak smile. I wanted to give her a pair of Senn MX500 for her mp3 player but seems that she's all rite with the $2 bud. Ironically, it was my girlfriend who got me into the Shure E5.happy.gif

Anyone with interesting experiences?