Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

What's your favourite/recommended movie?

Favourite: Fifth Element

Recommended: DarkCity, Donnie Darko, Million Dollar Hotel, Blade Runner, Brotherhood of the Wolf.

post-4-1118599179.jpg

Recommended?

In no particular order,

Sixth Sense, A.I., LOTR, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, My Sassy Girl

A few favourites of mine:

Regarding Henry

Amazing Grace & Chuck

The Truth About Cats & Dogs

You've Got Mail

Twins

Oddballs

Meatballs 4

biggrin.gif

oh, forgot to add:

Both Resident Evil movies

P.S. No offense Ben, but I wanted to kill myself when I watched A.I. ppth.gif

Edited by av98m

P.S. No offense Ben, but I wanted to kill myself when I watched A.I. ppth.gif

Sure... I guess I caught A.I. with the right person.. Hehe.. Made me understand how important it is to bring tissue paper out...

And ladies: Please take some effort to squeeze a tiny weeny pack of tissue into your oversized handbags that just hold a wallet and handphone inside... Thanks.. LOL

Just to be clear, I wanted to kill myself not because I was sad for the little sod or any of the other characters, but rather the movie sucked so bad and it was over 2 hours long! arrgghh!!! I was nearly in tears myself, because I actually paid money to watch this show. ohmy.gif

Edited by av98m

"The MASK" holiday.gif

not the lame "son of the mask" ?? mad.gif

Well a lot of friends recommended "batman begins" ... heard that is was damm good compared with the other batty movies. laugh.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

Well a lot of friends recommended "batman begins" ... heard that is was damm good compared with the other batty movies. laugh.gif

Pretty good reviews too. Can't wait to see it myself.

In recent times: LOTR (The fellowship of the ring) ie Part 1, and Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy, any Stanly Kubrick Films like Clockwork Orange. I also happen to like Akira Kurosawa films.

I watch alot of Akira Kurosawa's flicks... old jap movies including the Lone wolf n cub and zatoichi series are the best for me. I usually dont trust reviews until i see it for myself. I hope Batman Returns is dark like the first Batman movie. I keep watching KungFu Hustle alot cuz im a Stephen Chow fan... waiting to see KungFu Mahjong dat he co-directed. Sin City is another good movie.. quite true to the comics if u read em. I really enjoyed the way the story was depicted. Very stylo. Both Resident Evil movies rocked so u can count me in on that. LOTR was massive and im waiting for the trilogy extended dvd collection if and when it ever comes out. Havent seen HG2G yet so will have to wait soon. Im quite the movie fan so i watch alot of movies... alot.

Dark City (1998) directed by Alex Proyas.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/

This is really a intelligent Sci-Fi movie in the likes of Donnie Darko, Momento, 13th floor and perhaps Blade Runner-ish. Dark, grainy and pretty gripping. Makes The Matrix look weak. Those who frequent EZvideo might be able to get them I think.

post-4-1130237803.jpg

- Cyrano de Begrerac (French)

- A Beautiful Life (Italian)

- Children of Heaven (Persian?)

- Love Letter (Japanese)

- Seven Samurai (Japanese)

- Ran (Japanese)

- Schindler's list (English)