adhoc

where to buy denon in singapore?

adhoc,

For a start, KEC (ground Adelphi) carries a wide variety of cdps including Rotels and Marantz. Present your budget and choice of music to either Clarence or Choon and they will help U with some recommendations. They also allow home trials if U're really keen to be a customer of theirs. Many newbies have given their thumbs up to these brothers. In fact, I got my entire home theatre system from them. Just bring your headamp and cans along for auditions and please go on weekdays as they are just too busy during weekends.

Revert to us if U have any more queries.

Looking at your set of criteria, it's quite difficult to purchase a set with 24-bit upsampling on a budget of $500. There will be misses but if U really like what U see and hear in a certain cdp, get it by all means.

Edited by Mackie

One more thing, Marantz CD7300 is capable of 24bit resolution, 128 bits oversampling and its dac is a superb Cirrus CS4936. This set is produced for the Japanese market but People's Audio at PPSS (Chinatown) has brought in this model. I reckon the price is about $800 new?

Shhhh.....I'm planning to get one for fun and perhaps feed my Eggos D66 in my bedroom.

Sipher was at my place to collect his Marantz CD63KI and prior to that, I auditioned the cdp with my 880 connected to the headphone socket. I was surprised at the conclusively more- than-decent if not pretty good sound and the digital volume was only at the half-way mark to drive the cans at audiophile loudness (figure madness?). Impressive!

Edited by Mackie

Mackie, perhaps u would like to write a first impression of the 63KI?

wink.gif

BTW do u know which DAC is the 63KI using?

Edited by Sipher

thanks mackie,

i'll be paying them a visit sometime this week then. thanks again.

and concerning my dt880s, i think i'll pick it up this thursday. see ya then mackie. party.gif

Sipher,

I don't think I have chalked up enough auditions on the CD63KI to write a proper review. Most likely they will concur with what U read on the web. I think U should take over the baton since it's your baby now. wink.gifhappy.gif

This cdp uses dual 1-bit bitstream dacs.

adhoc,

Have fun. Btw, I've an appt on Weds and if U're free to meet me at Adelphi entrance (facing Funan) at 4pm Weds (Jun 18), I can introduce U to them but I have to leave around 5.45pm though. Let me know via sms/call on my mobile.

Edited by Mackie

thanks for the offer mackie.

i'll check my schedule and get back to you k?

Heard a hotrodded CD63KI with new clock, blackgates & some $$$ bipolar polyprop caps, toroidal power supply, better rectification and some dampening... Probably another $3-400 worth of parts in shoved in...

Very foot tappy, resolves quite alot of detail and musical... One of the better cd players i've heard!

Sipher, Start saving! smile.gif

oh man, at this rate i will starve for many months. lol.gif

still have save for a proper pair of cans and lastly a amp.

anyway, i'm not good in DIY modding esp soldering

You not in the DT880 power buy list?

so sipher what headphone, amp r u using

erm.. just a HD200 headphone and no amp for now.

have to bear with it as i dont have a ready flow of cash.

At least you got the important thing first, a source.

Are the HD200 you have these headphones?

user posted image

They look funky like the eggos.

N@Z, yup u got it! wink.gif

but they are not as compact as the eggos

Edited by Sipher