adhoc

where to buy denon in singapore?

fishball, the bass is not bad but these are just a average pair of cans wink.gif

Let us know how it sounds with you 'New' Soucre. Maybe it will improve somewhat.

hammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif

right now i'm considering the nad c541i at 599.

i doubt we can get a power buy for a source, it's already relatively cheaper in singapore.

unless of course you also want to get something from the same brand as me.

No doubt the Nad offers good sound but I hate to "splash cold water" - Chinese saying.....there has been talk of their dubious transport mechanism in other forums. Any NAD users here to comment if this is merely hearsay or does it carry certain truth? I shall help U in researching this bit.

Looks like U're increasing the budget. U gotta hear more cdps before plunging into one. Capitalize on the bad retail market and carry out as many auditions to your heart's desire. headphone.gif

Edited by Mackie

thanks mackie for the heads-up. i will make myself not commit to anything just yet. i will make myself audition everything first.

must admit i am a bit swayed by the nad's (IMHO) superior design. wub.gif

this would be my first major purchase, dont want to make any mistakes and regret later. thanks to all those who have contributed in some form or another to this thread.

try and audition the nad and marantz cd6000OSE LE side by side if possible

I think KEC Audio sells both. Don't make hasty decision. Source is supposed to be the most important in every audio chain biggrin.gif

Make sure you have plenty of spare cash for CDs. Nothing worse than having a good source & only a couple of CDs to play it on.

hahahah yeah

be prepared like 500 dollars to build your collection of cds, if you don't already have it.

I think I've spent around 2-300 dollars on my 60 cds alone..

mine was only 6 originally tongue.gif

Gramaphone at Raffles Place has a good collection of used cds/vcds. Prices are around $10 and below. Search to your heart's content.

adhoc,

Its good to keep an open mind and not have bias for any brand. Take the one that lets u enjoy music the most.

By the way, NAD sucks yeah.gif

right now i'm considering the nad c541i at 599.

i doubt we can get a power buy for a source, it's already relatively cheaper in singapore.

unless of course you also want to get something from the same brand as me.

adhoc,

An advice for you. If U're looking at the NADs, they cost less than S$599, so do shop around more to get a better price. At Alpha Audio, without even bargaining, I was already offered S$520.