Sign in to follow this  
matbon0013

Portable CD Player

Mat, the AVLS is an audio compression system that is supposedly used for late night listening. It imposes a limit to spl and hence, U can't turn up the volume once U exceed this limit. Leave it bypassed at all cost.

There's no way to access Mega Bass function without the remote. perhaps U can used the remote of your E555 to try if it works for D777?

i would think that all sony discmans would have the controls on the cover too. check again, maybe it's there, only not clearly marked.

it might, for example, be marked 'sound' or 'type' or 'boost'.

i am basing this on my experience with over 5 different sony discmans from 1990-models to current ones.

Edited by adhoc

That only applies to the older & present larger Sony PCDPs not on the slim PCDPs. Only token play, pause, forward, reverse & stop buttons are provided on the side. Full functions are only available on the 'inline' remote. The remotes on current EJ series are practically interchangeable, even the wallwart assuming they use the same battery configuration.

D-777 rocks with the Eggo's! party.gif

But you guys don't have to take my word for it..... I'll give my ears a rest after this weekend! tongue.gif

Don't ever keep a man from his toys......... smoke.gif

thanks for the info N@Z.

heh. so i guess ive only been using the 'larger' pcdps eh? w00t.gif

I really like the look of the old D series.. like D9, D25 and all..

very solid.. and the lcd is infront. A bit bulky but looks very very nice !!

How many PCDPs do you need? Gonna start a collection? laugh.gif

Anyone owns the D9? I hope my pal still keeps it since I've given it to him 10 years ago.

Part number for the D-777 remote is RM-DM20L. Hope it's useful.

Experience with the remote: "bass boost" setting 1 (low) seems to improve the overall quality, including the highs. =) Listening tastes matter, of course.

And although this is cumbersome, what i remember doing previously (i rarely use the 777 anymore) is to set the bass boost to 1, then unplug the remote and connect earphones directly to the pcdp jack. Going through the remote unfortunately reduces the sound quality by quite a bit. Thank goodness they've ameliorated this characteristic with their newer remote designs.

Have fun with your new toy!

Part number for the D-777 remote is RM-DM20L. Hope it's useful.

Do you guys know where I can get a replacement for this?

Thanks!