aaron-xp

Shure E2

It's sold at many of the stores at SLS, as well as at Stereo Electronics at Causeway Point, Woodlands. A look at the stickied prices check in this forum would yield more options.

Edited by Absolute0

Its about $160-$180. $160 a bit hard to find. Pay a bit more and get the UM1 from Stereo. Worth it.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4607

$189 for UM1 is quite reasonable and still got discounts.

IMHO the Shure E2G/C is generally darker sounding, making average pop and rock sound rather good on them, the UM1 in compared to E2G/C is much more balance. But still depends on your personal taste and your mp3 player, I have the CK7 and UM1 to audition if you're interested.

Difference is the drivers used. E2 uses dynamic drivers while the UM1 has amature drivers. UM1 will be clearer sounding while retaining the bass impact.

It also seems that the UM1 is not as popular as the E2. Cannot find many proper reviews on the net, as compared to the E2. Just thinking aloud though.

UM1's isolation will be the same or better. They can take a wide array of tips. This model is quite new and Westone's marketing no good i guess. lol.gif The old UM1 very ugly but i likes.

Actually, Stereo should sell sample ear tip packs if the Westones are popular in SG.

They come with 4 pairs of sponge tips.