Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

CD pressings from different countries

reply moved to

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=480

check out the sticky. support adhoc forever! yes.gif

lol.gif

Edited by adhoc

You don't have this problems with vinyl, think about that! No Maths No pre thoughts just good music (regardless if the production is crap) ohmy.gif

well.. that's why even Kitaro said that he didn't want to move away from analog. It sounds warmer, richer as to digital. He said some sound maybe lost in digital also. If I translate this directly, it's exactly the same like LPs and cds. While cds may be more portable, convenient and cheaper to mass-market, it is never going to beat LPs in pure sound quality.

Ah.. talk about digital..

you mean propaganda??

well well his cds are selling like hot peanuts.. so I don't see why he would condemn it rolleyes.gif

probably he's saying his analog synthesyzers or whatever other things are still his weapon of choice as compared to the newer digital ones in the market sleep.gif

I think it's cos he loves his bamboo pipe. tongue.gif and drums of course. I read in an article somewhere that around the time of his Live in America concert, either before or after, he retreated to the mountains and sat cross-legged, beating his drums while staring at nature.

Apparently he didn't stop when his hands started bleeding. He just bandaged them and continued playing.

I mean, i love his music but whoa..

Has anyone seen him in concert? Closes his eyes half the time and swivels his long hair around. ;-)

And who says he doesn't like synthesized sounds? His concert in 1995 (the only one i've been to) he was playing this weird sound-effect-making-machine for 40 mins! Was quite a pain, actually. Started off his second half after the intermission doodling with his very electronic sounds.

varian,

I am not sure synthesizer or what.. I know he mentioned it somewhere.. whatever equipments lah don't quote me on it. I forgot liao, long ago see one.

of course I like his music too..

anyway, sorry mod, abit off topic, just to clear the question. Go ahead I will stay on track

Edited by Guyferd

reply moved to

lol.gif

Edited by adhoc

adhoc,

you are right there. Original masters are usually copied whenever they are going to be marketed in other countries. Take for eg, sheila on 7 lended their master to the sony malaysia, I think, because they want to publish their cds there. So there *is* a possibility that the copied version sounds a lil off.. or inferior.

quote: no amount of error correction can help this

Ok, time to get back to the question. Cd pressing from different countries. Any difference? And we've all generally agreed that yes, they are different.

alright, so if the erroc correction can't help then why do we have to go through all the reburning procedure? the data is already lost through the process of copying masters. Probably all they do is just to rearrange the data or something. But the amount is still THAT much. Therefore going by that logic, those 2nd rate pressing can *never* be made into original US pressing.

Probably only if the cds are scratched then going by reburn method helps as it reorganises the data back.

That's my humble opinion.

reply moved to

lol.gif

Edited by adhoc

guyferd, i'm not too sure what you are asking, could you clarify?

hm..

I am asking whether the 2nd rate cds, like those taiwan can be reburned using your method and achieve superior/on par to their US press counterpart.

i believe you asked naz to do it , in the classified a while ago.

So I wonder if it really does work.

reply moved to

lol.gif

Edited by adhoc

wow i cant remember that post!

and it's the post that started this entire thread somemore!

btw, oh gosh i just realised that it probably doesnt help. tongue.gif my bad. blush.gif

i think if the 'original' is screwed then all your going to get by reburning onto black CDR is a very good copy of a screwed cd.

i suggested that because i repeated the advice from the guy who discovered that somehow black cdr copies of the originals sound better than the original. he is unclear as to WHY though.

Edited by adhoc