Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

CD pressings from different countries

just a thought:

maybe the mods can make this a sticky. like part of a newbie FAQ.

just a thought.. innocent.gif

wow i cant remember that post!

btw, it probably doesnt. tongue.gif my bad. blush.gif

if the 'original' is screwed then all your going to get by reburning onto black CDR is a very good copy of a screwed cd.

that was what I was trying to say all the way back to my post(right after N@z in the first page)

N@z thought you have some reasons for doing so..

and yet you come up with all these unrelated explanations. It does help in a way for newbie in the future lah.. but OT as far as the topic is concernerd in my opinion dry.gif

so the black cdrs work only if you want to copy lah rite? so that you achieve v close sound to the original copied cd..

ahhh.. cool.gif

sleep.gif all the lengthy explanation and it's answered only in the 3rd page..

adhoc u not tired typing so much m eh laugh.giflaugh.gif

I c also scared leh tongue.gif

haha just treat it all as my contributions to this forum i suppose. smile.gif

so paiseh leh guyferd. misread the topic as WHY asian copies are inferior NOT how can reburning help.

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

and yes, my fingers are DAMN tired.

you can set the forum to show 40 posts per page in your control panel. hope that helps. then this entire thread becomes one long page.

BTW ALL THOSE PICTURES WERE DRAWN BY ME IN MS PAINT!

Edited by adhoc

hehe it's okay

we do make mistakes at times..

maybe it's late at night and we're all sleepy so you eyes might had fooled u lol.giflol.gif

yea, to N@Z , blaze or mackie, please copy and paste adhoc's explanation. Definately useful in the future as reference!

proof read it first though. i was working on a caffeine high.

hey.. all done in ms paint???

woahh.. definately v time consuming man!!

and your diagram is quite nice also!!!

well done adhoc, though it does not help in explaining. whistling.gif

What are your opinion on other colours of cdr other than black. Light green/blue, ie Taiyo Yuden and Dark blue ie Mitsubitshi/Verbatim. My CDr collection is running out soon.

adhoc,

Thanks for your contributions! I suggest U start a new thread and titled as "Technicalities of CDs" or something along this line and compile your technical explanations. I shall turn it into a sticky with my magic wand.

Great effort, keep it up.

As such, we shall resume our course towards highlighting the differences in various geographical cd pressings.

Edited by Mackie

Naimed,

Hmmm... are you going to draw a few cans people here into the dark side???  Never!!!

*reflects the sun off the data side of his CDs into the dark corner of the forum in which Naimed lurks*

Begone foul vinyl beast!  You shall drag no one down with you to your accursed dark doom!!!

Heh Fb..."we will be waiting..." ;P

Anyhow, interesting topic. For those who has read Gary's article on Black CDR will know that the accessories (isodiscs/PS Audio PP) that were used in conjunction with the burner cost a fair bit.

This would be a good read if I can only access it... Naimed any chance of emailing me the actual pdf file if you have it.

naimed, i would go vinyl if i had the money.

hai. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: a bit OT, but would you believe that it costs more to buy paul oakenfold's 'trancesport' at HMV than shipping it halfway across the world from Amazon.com after conversion from USD with shipping added??!?

S$40 vs. S$33.

Edited by adhoc